Hey Hey! We're The Monkees- Fans

General music and other artist discussions.
dumbchops

Re: Hey Hey! We're The Monkees- Fans

Post by dumbchops »

I have an excellent new-ish set (2023) called "Unknown Teenage Idols" which has over 5 hours of (mostly) previously unheard material. I also collect concerts, both audio and video. I even recorded a concert in 20213 that hasn't made the rounds as of yet. I found another source of the same show and made a wonderful matrix between the two recordings. Does anybody know of a place to trade such things? This place while excellent does not allow links to other artists.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

dumbchops wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:06 am I even recorded a concert in 20213 that hasn't made the rounds as of yet.
Well yeah, the rest of us are going to have to wait 18189 years before we can hear it. :lol:
monkeesfan1965

Post by monkeesfan1965 »

I am trying to compile a list of known unreleased material. we are emailing our lists to one another and comparing data. Any sharing agreed to happens away from this site,. And while your set may be unheard to you, I have a sessionography set with 12 cd's of outtakes and unreleased material. Chances are good I've heard much of what you have. If you'd like to see my list, pm me your email
"please tell your mother I am not a bum. I am a musician"
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

bobzilla wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:09 am
dumbchops wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:06 am I even recorded a concert in 20213 that hasn't made the rounds as of yet.
Well yeah, the rest of us are going to have to wait 18189 years before we can hear it. :lol:
I can't share it on here but you can always contact me privately. I've been wanting to share it with fellow Monkees fans but so far I've only shared it with one other person.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

monkeesfan1965 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:44 am Thought it might be nice to acknowledge my passion for this bubble gum, wind up band!
Let's all get together and create a data base for Monkkee Boots (like Beatle boots, but with a non Cuban heel :P )Over the next few days, I'll list the boots I have and if you want to add to the list to make it as complete as possible, you can post them here or messege me anytime with yours and I'll keep the list going until we have exhausted our resources.
Here's my start:

Barrel Full of Monkees
Davy Jones Must Die!
Essential Rarities
Instant Repeat
Kirshner's Revenge 1 &2
Monkees Meet The Beatles
Miscellaneous Trax
Quarters in DTX
Present Micky, Peter, Mike & Davy
Sessions box
Sessionography
Unsurpassed Masters

And now it's your turn. All my other's are ofical releases or solo material
Have you checked out the collection from Longplayer (and I updated it a year back) that is literally everything they ever did up through a year or so ago. Check it out.... it is a massive collections That Longplayer really did an incredible job on!! Over 18 GB of top notch stuff!
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

RubberSolof wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:07 am
Have you checked out the collection from Longplayer (and I updated it a year back) that is literally everything they ever did up through a year or so ago. Check it out.... it is a massive collections That Longplayer really did an incredible job on!! Over 18 GB of top notch stuff!
Yep. Great stuff! And yet there's more.....
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

monkeesfan1965 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:44 am Thought it might be nice to acknowledge my passion for this bubble gum, wind up band!
Let's all get together and create a data base for Monkkee Boots (like Beatle boots, but with a non Cuban heel :P )Over the next few days, I'll list the boots I have and if you want to add to the list to make it as complete as possible, you can post them here or messege me anytime with yours and I'll keep the list going until we have exhausted our resources.
Here's my start:

Barrel Full of Monkees
Davy Jones Must Die!
Essential Rarities
Instant Repeat
Kirshner's Revenge 1 &2
Monkees Meet The Beatles
Miscellaneous Trax
Quarters in DTX
Present Micky, Peter, Mike & Davy
Sessions box
Sessionography
Unsurpassed Masters

And now it's your turn. All my other's are ofical releases or solo material
Where could I find this?
monkeesfan1965

Post by monkeesfan1965 »

WHere would I find this collection? I am MOST intrigued
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

dumbchops wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:43 am I can't share it on here but you can always contact me privately. I've been wanting to share it with fellow Monkees fans but so far I've only shared it with one other person.
guitars101.com
oldrockerbr.blogspot.com
monkeesfan1965

Post by monkeesfan1965 »

So now we are here. No more sharing in forum. My email is public and inbox is open 🙂