Do You Want To Know A Secret Box Sets

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Bumblebee

Do You Want To Know A Secret Box Sets

Post by Bumblebee »

Previous requests have been made for the upload of these elusive three multi disc sets of cover versions and collaborations of the Beatles. The other artist involvement means that the sets can’t be uploaded here, however for anyone who wants to own said boxes volumes one and two are currently on sale on Discogs from a UK and Dutch seller at around £100 each.
MUR

Re: Do You Want To Know A Secret Box Sets

Post by MUR »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:06 pm Previous requests have been made for the upload of these elusive three multi disc sets of cover versions and collaborations of the Beatles. The other artist involvement means that the sets can’t be uploaded here, however for anyone who wants to own said boxes volumes one and two are currently on sale on Discogs from a UK and Dutch seller at around £100 each.
> The other artist involvement means that the sets can’t be uploaded here
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for 'collaboration' with at least one Beatle, the upload is not prohibited unless the release is very official.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:06 pm Previous requests have been made for the upload of these elusive three multi disc sets of cover versions and collaborations of the Beatles. The other artist involvement means that the sets can’t be uploaded here, however for anyone who wants to own said boxes volumes one and two are currently on sale on Discogs from a UK and Dutch seller at around £100 each.
Please provide links to the track listings so I can investigate...
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

MUR wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:37 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for 'collaboration' with at least one Beatle, the upload is not prohibited unless the release is very official.
You’ve hit the nail on the head with your last line, the very nature of this set means that there’s a lot of officially released material and by some high profile artists.

I checked the position with site admin when the last request was made for this series - I have them and was in the process of transferring the audio discs ahead of an upload. Admin confirmed it breached site rules and pulled the thread.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

alphabeatles wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:49 pm
Please provide links to the track listings so I can investigate...
This gives you the full gen on the track lists:

https://www.jpgr.co.uk/boot_hh82.html

If you’re after the particular Discogs listings then you’re better off searching Discogs for Helping Hand Productions - it’s the second of the two entries for this label. This will bring up entries for volumes one and two (one is erroneously titled ‘With A Little Help From John, Paul, George and Ringo’. Clicking on the relevant release should then take you to the listing and from there you’ll find the sellers.
MUR

Post by MUR »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:03 pm
MUR wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:37 pm
You’ve hit the nail on the head with your last line, the very nature of this set means that there’s a lot of officially released material and by some high profile artists.

I checked the position with site admin when the last request was made for this series - I have them and was in the process of transferring the audio discs ahead of an upload. Admin confirmed it breached site rules and pulled the thread.
I saw several points of view on this forum since I joined. I saw a strict case from one of torrents (whatcd ?), where even on bootleg official tracks were prohibited, so they extracted some tracks and the users here restored them (one of NPU label bootlegs). Among collaboration sets shared here there were many similar by nature to this one and they were shared and reupped w/o any bother.
If this set contains official + unofficial(e.g. promo) tracks, it'd be good if it could be kindly shared at least w/o official tracks.

p.s. and of course I'd appreciate a kind pm.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

The problem with these sets is that they are, by their very nature, made up of official material. Just taking a cursory look at Volume Three nearly all of it is from official sources, much of which is still available. I could upload the non official material but you’d need either a comprehensive music library to fill the gaps or deep pockets to acquire it - and in the latter case, it’d be more cost effective to buy the boxes themselves.

It’s best left. I was just making people aware of the opportunity to acquire a couple of the volumes. Used copies have been getting touted around at $500 and so the two sets on Discogs looked a good buy for anyone who’s interested.
IfYouLookToYourLeft

Post by IfYouLookToYourLeft »

Too bad these can’t be shared. Some really cool stuff on those box sets. While I already have most of it there are always some interesting tidbits on these things. Mostly promo singles and alternate mixes.
MUR

Post by MUR »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:52 pm I could upload the non official material but you’d need either a comprehensive music library to fill the gaps or deep pockets to acquire it - and in the latter case, it’d be more cost effective to buy the boxes themselves.
I'd appreciate very much that few bits of non-official stuff. As for official ones - at least for what is released on CD, I'd just use well known tor****s.
DagB

Post by DagB »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:52 pm The problem with these sets is that they are, by their very nature, made up of official material.
There are lots of official releases on this forum, for example:

viewtopic.php?t=1208
viewtopic.php?t=7590