What I want in '24

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
cliftdean74

Re: What I want in '24

Post by cliftdean74 »

Are there any known recordings of “We Can Work It Out” from the 1965 UK tour? That’s what I would love to hear.
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

In 2024 I'd love Paul to be big enough to go out for a drink with Pete Best and acknowledge that they used to be in a band together for a couple of years and exchange some memories and have a laugh and for Ringo to be big enough to realise that it doesn't mean that Paul doesn't love him anymore.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

- The Beatles Live Box Set
- The Beatles 'Now and Then' EP (with new and clean 'Free as a Bird' and 'Real Love' 2024 remixes)
- George Harrison "Live at the Tokyo Dome 1991" Bluray / DVD
- Paul McCartney 1989-1993 World Tours Box Set
- John Lennon 'Milk and Honey' Stripped Down
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:31 am What I would most like in '24 is for all my heroes to stop dying. Every week it seems that someone who I took for granted is no longer with us. Not just musicians but actors, writers, comedians, artists. It is profoundly upsetting. In parallel with this I see people becoming famous for... well, nothing really. I worry that by the time I leave this world, there will be nothing left but influencers and algorithms.
I have a funny feeling 'Deep Fake' is going to ruin the internet very soon!
I'll trade everthing I own to be wrong about that.
Or, is this already fictitous???
bLUR THE WHAT???
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Kwai Chang wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:00 am I have a funny feeling 'Deep Fake' is going to ruin the internet very soon!
I'll trade everthing I own to be wrong about that.
Or, is this already fictitous???
bLUR THE WHAT???
KC
The internet was ruined long ago.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
innergroove

Post by innergroove »

A cleaned up Stowe School tape would be my choice. There's something magical about that gig. I have listened to it far more times than I have listened to any of the Giles remixes.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

innergroove wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:58 am A cleaned up Stowe School tape would be my choice. There's something magical about that gig. I have listened to it far more times than I have listened to any of the Giles remixes.
It is amazing isn't it. I love that we now have a gig where they're playing all the BBC radio stuff. A live version of I Just Don't Understand?! Who would have thought!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
innergroove

Post by innergroove »

I Just Don't Understand and Anna. Wow. Time stands still for me. Stowe School is my favourite live recording of theirs by far. I love the Star Club tapes, but the band do sound a little bit jaded. At Stowe School they're on fire, still hungry, still punk rock. The audience is loving it, without completely dominating the recording. Their exuberance is infectious. It's so interesting that many of them seem to know the Beatles repertoire. Talking About You is an absolute riot, Matchbox is hard as nails, Memphis Tennessee is so tight it's funky, Some Other Guy - another killer version.
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

Akustic acetate, BBC version of Three Cool Cats, SDE of HDN/BFS, NME Pollwinners 1966, 1965 UK Tour w/ We Can Work It Out and Yesterday, Carnival of Light, Lewisohn book pt. 2, Peter Jackson at Star Club tapes, Etcetera demo, Rubber Soul SDE, PPM/WTB SDE. That should do it lol