Issues while playing heavy video files: help wanted

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
billylentz

Issues while playing heavy video files: help wanted

Post by billylentz »

Hi, guys!

I´m having trouble playing the most recent heavy video files, such as Paul´s São Paulo Dec. 7th concert in 2160p or the 4k scan of "Mull of Kintyre". My blu-ray player will say resolution is not suported, and the PC will play it with many pauses and pixeled image.

Is it expected? If so, is it a matter of bad downloading, wrong software or outdated hardware?

Thanks for the inputs!

Guilherme
Bambam34

Re: Issues while playing heavy video files: help wanted

Post by Bambam34 »

Yes, It Sounds Like A Computer Error where Your PC Can't Keep Up Because a lot of PCs struggle With 4K Video Especially Older PCs. And Your Bluray Player Probably doesn't Support 4K So Refuses To Play It.
harrylime

Re: Issues while playing heavy video files: help wanted

Post by harrylime »

For pc playback of 'heavy' formats you need to have hardware decoding support enabled, some players like MPC-HC have this enabled by default, but with for example VLC you sometimes need to tweak the settings. So it's hard to comment on your specific issue without knowing the circumstances (operating system, player(s)).

In regard to your blu ray player, if it isn't UHD compatible then it won't play UHD/4k/2160p material. But if you're describing playing back files/videos from the internet, I'm puzzled how you're actually trying to play these back on a blu ray player that would normally just play back regular blu ray discs. Or do you perhaps mean it's actually a more advanced video player that also supports regular blu ray? Again it would help if you would provide as much details as possible, like the make and model.