Ring O' Records

General music and other artist discussions.
Bumblebee

Ring O' Records

Post by Bumblebee »

Here's a six disc set of the issued output of Ringo's record label but there's a caveat - I've been unable to source track 14 of disc one. I've listed it in the artwork and there's space for it on the disc should it subsequently surface.

The other caveat is that all but discs three and five are MP3 sourced. Three is the RMW issue and five is simply the Apple album, which Ritchie must have liked for him to repress it on his own label.

In order to complete the picture you'll need the Stormer album that Apcor issued a few years back. It wasn't issued at the time and so is excluded from this set (although I've included a cancelled Rab Noakes 45 as I had the tracks available).

Finally thanks to whoever posted the majority of these tracks on the old B/Z site in the first place. I'm sorry but if you're reading this I've forgotten your name, but you were the impetus for this set.

hrrps://we.tl/t-YQfUP40mPA
Mr Bump

Re: Ring O' Records

Post by Mr Bump »

Thanks for this set. Much appreciated. I tried to cobble together a set of Ringo'O stuff a while ago but never quite finished. Was hoping I'd be able to offer you that missing track but alas I don't have it either.

We could also do with a DH set (non-GH releases). Not so worried about the new stuff, Billy Idol etc, but the original catalogue, Shankar, Splinter, Attitudes etc.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

It’s a shame about the missing Groszman, the other tracks absent from the original cache I was able to get from YouTube but that one eluded me. Carl Groszman was a member of Tin Tin, but he joined after they’d spent a drunken night in the studio with Maurice Gibb which had produced the Beatle lurker ‘Have You Heard The Word’.

A Dark Horse retrospective would be a much bigger undertaking, but ultimately very worthwhile as George had a more hands on approach to his roster than Ringo did with his. The Splinter catalogue was comprehensively done a few years ago by someone on the old site. There was also mention of the other non GH albums being available from needledrops but I don’t know whether they actually got posted. Finally, a lot, if not all, of the various promo edits and mixes of the attendant 45’s are on a four disc compilation of George & Dark Horse single tracks. In theory then, the components of the collection may be available and it’ll just be a case of pulling it all together.
smithy20

Post by smithy20 »

Here's Your Own Affair by Carl Groszman (found it on an old hard drive ) it is in Flac but i don't believe that's how it started i think someone converted it at some time.
Hope it is OK for you.

hxxps://we.tl/t-4xoctj2I4I
Last edited by smithy20 on Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

smithy20 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:01 pm Here's My Own Affair by Carl Groszman (found it on an old hard drive) it is in Flac but i don't believe thats how it started i think someone converted it at some time.
Hope it is OK for you.

hxxps://we.tl/t-3dvsAnOEOQ
Thanks very much! I never thought for one minute it would actually surface, that’s great.
smithy20

Post by smithy20 »

Bumblebee wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:05 pm
smithy20 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:01 pm Here's My Own Affair by Carl Groszman (found it on an old hard drive) it is in Flac but i don't believe thats how it started i think someone converted it at some time.
Hope it is OK for you.

hxxps://we.tl/t-3dvsAnOEOQ
Thanks very much! I never thought for one minute it would actually surface, that’s great.
Hi i have reposted it with a new link and changed the title to YOUR own Affair (which is the correct title) the track is exactly the same only the title has changed so you don't need to download it again just change the title on your downloaded copy.

sorry for that
smithy20

Post by smithy20 »

I have the Stormer album in full if you want it
Tubla

Post by Tubla »

Yes smithy20 please do! :D
the57thbeatle

Post by the57thbeatle »

smithy20 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 pm I have the Stormer album in full if you want it
Please do not share this here, it is copyrighted material.
smithy20

Post by smithy20 »

the57thbeatle wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:23 am
smithy20 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 pm I have the Stormer album in full if you want it
Please do not share this here, it is copyrighted material.
Ok i wondered if it was a bit dodgy