Have you ever met a Beatle or a Beatle kid? Please share your experiences!

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
tymime

Re: Have you ever met a Beatle or a Beatle kid? Please share your experiences!

Post by tymime »

I've met two of the Rutles (briefly). Does that count?
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

tymime wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:46 am I've met two of the Rutles (briefly). Does that count?
Only Dirk and Barry! 😂
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

I met Ringo twice and Pete Best 3 times.
The second time meeting Ringo was at the Greek in 2019,and I got some camera time on the dvd.
IMG_6143.jpeg
IMG_6143.jpeg (28.98 KiB) Viewed 662 times
I also met May Pang, Peter Asher, and Ken Scott. So that is my Beatle orbit
Here are my pics with May and Pete
Attachments
IMG_6145.jpg
IMG_6145.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 651 times
IMG_6144.jpg
IMG_6144.jpg (20.7 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Last edited by silvercup67 on Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Met Astrid at a signing in Chicago in the late 90's. Waited in line and she signed a postcard with the Hugo Haase image. Quick moment. Lovely, demure woman.

Attended Paul's Freshen Up concert at the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas on June 28, 2019. (Steven Tyler came out for Helter Skelter).

First heard Paul in '64 when I was two. Something New playing while my brain synapses were forming. The Beatles are part of who I am. My hands were literally shaking as we went in to the show- I kept thinking "Paul McCartney is in this building!" (I know, give me a pass on all this... ;) )

Great seats, 12th row left, and when he came out I was fired up. Yelling with everyone else. Then after awhile, a lot of folks started to sit down(!) Can you believe this? (Man I hate Vegas crowds, like maybe they won the tickers or got them in a package or whatever and hey people, you don't understand the importance that this is Paul McCartney).

So I kept whooping it up - exactly the way I still do at all Cheap Trick concerts, which they love by the way. Not loud obnoxious crazed drunk guy, but "Yeah Yeahs!!" You could hear me. Between songs during the Quarrymen set, he was talking and I was still whooping. At one point he turns and looks at me, gives a little smile, and then a "turn it down a bit" hand sign. To me! Oh my god, Paul McCartney told me to turn it down!!

Ok so the next day I did feel a little funny, like shoot, uncool. Fast forward 4 years later and it's a favorite, lasting memory. My moment with Paul. The Beatles invented screaming fans and I carried on the tradition. It's also fun talking to people about their concert experiences, and I say, "yup, reminds me of the time I pissed off Paul McCartney." Love that.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

My wife and I were at an event planned for Nilsson fans worldwide through the old NilssonWeb blog, a get together in LA in 2000, sponsored by Curtis Armstrong. Parties at his house with Harry's orbit kinds of people. Went a lot of famous places, party at Zak's house, jammed with Zak and some other Harry Heads. I would have met Jim Keltner, who I was looking at but he didn't extend his hand, and no photos. Not mixing with the hoi polloi that day, either. Rest of it was brilliant!
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

silvercup67 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:08 am I met Ringo twice and Pete Best 3 times.
The second time meeting Ringo was at the Greek in 2019,and I got some camera time on the dvd.
Fantastic photos!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

noirbar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:00 am Ok so the next day I did feel a little funny, like shoot, uncool. Fast forward 4 years later and it's a favorite, lasting memory. My moment with Paul. The Beatles invented screaming fans and I carried on the tradition. It's also fun talking to people about their concert experiences, and I say, "yup, reminds me of the time I pissed off Paul McCartney." Love that.
Beatlemania alive and flourishing in 2019!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

mojofilter wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:47 am Not mixing with the hoi polloi that day, either. Rest of it was brilliant!
Sounds like it was an awesome experience. Extra credit for the usage of “hoi polloi!”
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

cliftdean74 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:43 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:23 pm I had a Christmas beetle land on my shirt one day... does that count?
It has to be related to the “ea” not the “ee”!

So, you didn’t bankroll the poetry book?! 😂
Erm, no. Not after she'd read me some of her poems.

At that concert Elvis played Leave My Kitten Alone during his encore. This was pre-Anthology but it was a virtual copy of the Beatles version. So I commented on this to him. No reaction. He was probably thinking, "Oh no, now everyone will know I'm a sad Beatles freak." :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:00 am
silvercup67 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:08 am I met Ringo twice and Pete Best 3 times.
Fantastic photos!
Thanks so much. I am still smiling...
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.