Have you ever met a Beatle or a Beatle kid? Please share your experiences!

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
alphabeatles

Re: Have you ever met a Beatle or a Beatle kid? Please share your experiences!

Post by alphabeatles »

cliftdean74 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:47 pm
alphabeatles wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:19 pm Nice post! How did you get James to loosen up, ha!
I didn’t. He was wound pretty tight. Not very comfortable interacting with the public.
Yeah, I worry about the boy. I recall a concert he did with a Rolling Stone AND a Beatle backing him up, and he still looked in pain.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

I haven’t but my brother, who is 20 years my senior has (sort of).

Firstly, he was in Savile Row on the lunchtime the Beatles played the rooftop. He worked for Courtaulds at the time and their canteen was in the environs. On hearing the lunchtime racket, he and his mate went into the street and witnessed the police arrive. He wasn’t in the original Let It Be film but makes a fleeting appearance in the Peter Jackson recut.

Later that year he was a passenger in a car travelling back to London from a riotous wedding reception. My brother was in the back wearing a woman’s hat. At a set of lights a white Mercedes pulled up at the side, my brother looks across at the same moment the Mercedes driver glances over - it was George. My brother seized his moment, fell out of the car waving a ten Bob note at George whilst babbling ‘sign this George’. Alas the lights changed and George made his getaway.

He has other tales involving Jeff Beck, Long John Baldry and a Walker Brother (not Scott) but nothing topples the Savile Row cameo.
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

Does Paul waving to us from a limo at a stoplight count? It was 1964 in San Francisco and they were on the way to the Cow Palace.
Other than that, Pete Best, twice. Yes he does count!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I had a Christmas beetle land on my shirt one day... does that count?

I met Elvis Costello backstage once, before he was ushered away by his heavy and I was cornered the rest of the night by Mutton Woman droning on about her poetry book and how she was looking for a publisher. Clearly she thought I had more than two dollars to my name.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

I live half a block off of Route 66 in CA and I understand Paul took the road on a cross-country trip some years ago. Had I known he would be passing by...
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Bumblebee wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:10 pm He has other tales involving Jeff Beck, Long John Baldry and a Walker Brother (not Scott) but nothing topples the Savile Row cameo.
Awesome stories. Can you share a still from the Get Back documentary with your brother?
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:23 pm I had a Christmas beetle land on my shirt one day... does that count?
It has to be related to the “ea” not the “ee”!

So, you didn’t bankroll the poetry book?! 😂
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

alphabeatles wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:18 pm I live half a block off of Route 66 in CA and I understand Paul took the road on a cross-country trip some years ago. Had I known he would be passing by...
I drove a good portion of Route 66 a few times. Burma Shave signs a plenty. At least in Arizona.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

The nearest I came to it was meeting Lizzie Bravo at an Abbey Road roadshow about 10 years ago. She was at the event and we had a quick chat on the steps outside. So I met someone who sang on 'Across The Universe'. Does that count :D
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Nimbus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:13 pm The nearest I came to it was meeting Lizzie Bravo at an Abbey Road roadshow about 10 years ago. She was at the event and we had a quick chat on the steps outside. So I met someone who sang on 'Across The Universe'. Does that count :D
Definitely counts!