Paul McCartney Recording Vault Red Rose Speedway 5CD (Misterclaudel)

Posts and discussions for labels such as Beatfile, DAP, SGT, GOLDIES and similar
cliftdean74

Re: Paul McCartney Recording Vault Red Rose Speedway 5CD (Misterclaudel)

Post by cliftdean74 »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 pm
cliftdean74 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:59 pmYes, it is.
No. There's no way it's gonna be new unbootlegged stuff.

I'm sure it's going to be a parody one which Paul did for Alan Freeman's 60th Birthday in 1987.

That version is available on Misterclaudel's Live Archives Vol.1.
I was saying yes, it’s a new release. I can’t make a comment about its contents since I haven’t heard it yet.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 pm
cliftdean74 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:59 pmYes, it is.
No. There's no way it's gonna be new unbootlegged stuff.

I'm sure it's going to be a parody one which Paul did for Alan Freeman's 60th Birthday in 1987.

Do you know this for certain, or is this just an educated guess?

Edit: Obviously, I hope you're wrong! The Freeman thing barely lasts 30 seconds. To label it as a "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band remake" would be a blatant misrepresentation on Misterclaudel's part. Which would be regrettable, given the goodwill the label's enjoyed among many of us recently.

Edit #2: FWIW, here's the Live Archives Vol 1 track that Yellowsubmarine referenced-- not my rip:
hxxps://we.tl/t-7OibFoYTGa
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 pm No. There's no way it's gonna be new unbootlegged stuff.

I'm sorry to say that you might be right. Misterclaudel also put this track on their "Flowers in the Dirt Sessions" set (MCCD 654-659), where it was labeled "Sgt Pepper Birthday Song-- Jam to Alan Freeman." So they seem to make liberal use of the track.

Looking at the track listing on this new "The Lost Pepperland" set, everything (save for perhaps one of the two "This One" demos) seems to be on either Misterclaudel's previous "Flowers in the Dirt Sessions" and "Flaming Pie Sessions," the Voo-Doo Ultimate Archives Flowers in the Dirt Sessions, or the original Return to Pepperland disc.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

where did you find the flyer and track-listing of these new titles ? I've browsed through giginjapan and found nothing; perhaps I did not know how to search it; I have just typed "Misterclaudel" in the search option.
steepien

Post by steepien »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 pm Since HMC left the scene, we've all complained boot labels no longer actively acquire new material to issue. Well, Misterclaudel seems to be bucking that trend. They've said they're actually buying new tapes and that their revised business model is to plough profits from one disc into future purchases. They've also said they'll abandon this strategy if people start uploading their new releases on sites like this, which they believe hurt their sales.
Have they actually put out anything from these new tapes yet?
this is a serious message! to everybody reading my signature!

i want to tell you to check out my thread! peace and love peace and love <3
viewtopic.php?t=4823
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Last edited by 20YearsAgo on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

steepien wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:59 am
20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 pm Since HMC left the scene, we've all complained boot labels no longer actively acquire new material to issue. Well, Misterclaudel seems to be bucking that trend. They've said they're actually buying new tapes and that their revised business model is to plough profits from one disc into future purchases. They've also said they'll abandon this strategy if people start uploading their new releases on sites like this, which they believe hurt their sales.
Have they actually put out anything from these new tapes yet?
No, it looks like they won't.

Misterclaudel was a great label back in late 2000s, when they released new stuff. But later on they just release compilations with the material we already have.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Valkyrie (is it a Misterclaudel subsidiary label) : "Band On The Run early stereo mixdown". :?:
who has this title ? Perhaps it could be shared; or I would like to get your opinion about this - Is it some real early stereo mixdown (in that case this could be a copy of the upcoming official reissue of Band On The Run with a stripped down mix - there is on youtube an excerpt) :
https://shop-paulmccartney.fr/products/ ... dition-2cd

Or I was wondering if this Valkyrie could have silvered a nice stuff which has been shared through the years using the original quadraphonic mix and "played" with the front or rear channels to create some unique mixes. For instance "Mamunia" have some hand clapping and a-capella voices for the harmonies. I did such mix in the past but did not keep it; perhaps it somewhere in the dust burnt on a CDR.

And speaking of the "un-overdubbed" official upcoming version of Band On The Run, I doubt (I hope I could be wrong) that these are the true basic tracks without Tony Visconti overdubs (too bad they were great! I think he did a great job on 1985 which is one of my favorite song ever by McCartney in solo).
It sounds (after having heard the youtube excerpt) more like John Lennon Double Fantasy Stripped Down mix which was not what Jack Douglas initially planned (a real stripped down mix - I think Jack Douglas interview is still on youtube); in a nutshell something revisited but perhaps not contemporary or legit. Like a new mix.
If we want to hear some basic tracks of Band On The Run material, then there is the One Hand Clapping.
wowee80

Post by wowee80 »

Any chance a kind soul could please post a re-up??

GREATLY appreciated
michael_charles

Post by michael_charles »

I was going to re-up but my drive w/ this and other items on died.

I woud also appreciate a reup. Thanks so much.