Paul McCartney Recording Vault Red Rose Speedway 5CD (Misterclaudel)

Posts and discussions for labels such as Beatfile, DAP, SGT, GOLDIES and similar
returntopepperland

Re: Paul McCartney Recording Vault Red Rose Speedway 5CD (Misterclaudel)

Post by returntopepperland »

Huge thanks for this!
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

A 'Return To Pepperland' is also announced by Misterclaudel (or a sister label)
ted

Post by ted »

Fast lucky wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:18 pm A 'Return To Pepperland' is also announced by Misterclaudel (or a sister label)
hXXps://www.neofaust.com/product/3408
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

ted wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:52 pm
Fast lucky wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:18 pm A 'Return To Pepperland' is also announced by Misterclaudel (or a sister label)
I’ve got that one ordered but due to the recent curfuffle concerning Misterclaudel new releases I won’t share it immediately upon release. If someone else does in the meantime that’s their decision.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

cliftdean74 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:58 pm
I’ve got that one ordered but due to the recent curfuffle concerning Misterclaudel new releases I won’t share it immediately upon release. If someone else does in the meantime that’s their decision.
I've ordered it too... and I'm not going to share it either. I'd recommend no one else shares it immediately either. This new one really looks like it has new material (a remake of Sgt Pepper (!) on the second disc, among other goodies).

Since HMC left the scene, we've all complained boot labels no longer actively acquire new material to issue. Well, Misterclaudel seems to be bucking that trend. They've said they're actually buying new tapes and that their revised business model is to plough profits from one disc into future purchases. They've also said they'll abandon this strategy if people start uploading their new releases on sites like this, which they believe hurt their sales.

So... if we actually want new material, perhaps we should act in good faith? I know Misterclaudel's past releases have been of uneven quality, and that often they've just repackaged material they've found on the forums. But if they're turning a new leaf, let's give them a chance to excel.

During HMC's heyday, people managed to hold off uploading their newest discs for, like, six months. We all survived. Even if you chose not to buy the HMC sets, you'd know that the material would eventually circulate. Perhaps we should do something similar?
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 pm

I've ordered it too... and I'm not going to share it either. I'd recommend no one else shares it immediately either. This new one really looks like it has new material (a remake of Sgt Pepper (!) on the second disc, among other goodies).
It's not new.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:53 pm
20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 pm

It's not new.
Yes, it is.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

EDIT: And yes, I will feel entirely stupid if, after jumping up all high and mighty like over here, the set ends up being nothing more than outfakes and crude fan-created oddities.
Last edited by 20YearsAgo on Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yellowsubmarine

cliftdean74 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:59 pmYes, it is.
No. There's no way it's gonna be new unbootlegged stuff.

I'm sure it's going to be a parody one which Paul did for Alan Freeman's 60th Birthday in 1987.

That version is available on Misterclaudel's Live Archives Vol.1.
Yellowsubmarine

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:06 pmAnd yes, I will feel entirely stupid if, after jumping up all high and mighty like over here, the set ends up being nothing more than outfakes and crude fan-created oddities.
This is just a nice compilation of the versions we already have. But nothing more than that.