Peter Jackson At Last !! Owner of the Star Club Tapes??

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: Peter Jackson At Last !! Owner of the Star Club Tapes??

Post by Lord Reith »

DrRobert wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:58 pm I would imagine the Harrison estate would be an obstacle for this given how crap he thought it sounded. Ringo as well?
Olivia might be an obstacle yes if she believed George would oppose the idea. But then George hated LIB and they're doing that.

Dhani I think would be cool with the idea so long as it showed his dad in a good light.

Sean would almost certainly be concerned about some of John's stage patter so we could fully expect that to be cleansed away.

Paul would probably be on board.

It's a pretty tall order given that the performance does not align in any way with how people perceive The Beatles. The songs are obscure, the delivery ferocious and the stage presentation haphazard. Big Green's fallback position would always be "let's not risk this, there is nothing to be gained" so PJ would have to really push hard on it. I think eventually it might get out in some edited form, but not for years and years.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Cocho68

Post by Cocho68 »

I've got a feeling that Apple bought the original tapes through Peter Jackson, with Apple money. :roll:

Now ... the question is: if the Apple considers that the quality of the final work was not the expected result ... what will happen to that final tapes (Jackson's work)? :

- Would uncle Peter return his final tapes to Apple?
-Would he keep the final tapes for his team with the commitment not to release it?
- Would he filter them to the fans to show what he did with the tapes?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Cocho68 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:48 am I've got a feeling that Apple bought the original tapes through Peter Jackson, with Apple money. :roll:

Now ... the question is: if the Apple considers that the quality of the final work was not the expected result ... what will happen to that final tapes (Jackson's work)? :

- Would uncle Peter return his final tapes to Apple?
-Would he keep the final tapes for his team with the commitment not to release it?
- Would he filter them to the fans to show what he did with the tapes?
Apple had the opportunity to buy the tape when it went to public auction years ago. They literally said to Larry, "not interested, you can sell it without copyright". But even when the tape was auctioned a second time nobody bought it. The asking price admittedly was high, but you'd think some Japanese collector would have wanted it.

Peter doesn't have to give the tape to Apple because he owns it legally now. He just doesn't own the recording of The Beatles on it but I'm sure he will give them a straight dub of the raw tape to put in their archive.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Cocho68

Post by Cocho68 »

I see...good point of view and good comment Lord Reith!