Peter Jackson At Last !! Owner of the Star Club Tapes??

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Mr Bump

Re: Peter Jackson At Last !! Owner of the Star Club Tapes??

Post by Mr Bump »

But owning the physical tapes isn't the same as owning the rights.
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

According to the podcast, while Apple has the legal rights to the ownership of Star Club tapes, Apple doesn't own any physical copies of the tapes.
Now that Peter Jackson has purchased the tape, Apple may eventually have something sonically better to finally issue.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Mr Bump wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:27 pm But owning the physical tapes isn't the same as owning the rights.
This is true. Peter says in the podcast though that Big Green are okay with this. They are happy for him to do his thing with the tape and see what results. To be honest I think they would take anything he suggests very seriously. Also, maybe what they are opposed to is the recordings as they appeared on the two Lingasong albums, which are inaudible and incomprehensible. If they are raised to a certain level of quality with explanatory material added then that might be a different kettle of fish.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

I'd bet money on us seeing (at least) digital releases at some not so far point in the future. Not necessarily of Star Club, but something for sure. Hopefully with a little bit more love and documentation than "Bootleg Recordings 1963" though.

I know it amounts to nothing, but I sent Apple an e-mail the other day, saying that I really enjoyed the BBC albums and that I believe something similar to what Springsteen's people are doing would be a great route to release more archival material if available. (They do everything from MP3 up to DSD, and even CDs on demand.)

(Hammersmith Odeon '75 is one of the greatest live documents ever imho.)
Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:10 pm then that might be a different kettle of fish.
"can of worms" ;)
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

Well, I hope whatever he does with them, I hope he doesn't screw 'em up too much. So much power, life, and energy coming off these tapes already no matter how bad they sound.
Anton

Post by Anton »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:55 am Anton it sounds like you're in love with Reith
Hahahaha you made me laugh with your post, it seems that you are completely jealous Mrbeatleg...Hahahaha....What I really love is the quality of work that Lord Reith and other people give us...For example, have you heard the Rain remix that AlanScott from boxingargentina did? It's EXTRAORDINARY!!!, and that work is done with Love...

As Ringo says Peace & LOVE
and as George says That is All I want to Say...
Tex

Post by Tex »

An improved Star Club with other live performances could be discs 3 and 4 of a "Please Please Me" Deluxe Edition. Disc 2 could be the available outtakes and newly created basic takes thanks to M.A.L. just like Lord Reith created.

Originally the album was going to be a live performance.
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

I would imagine the Harrison estate would be an obstacle for this given how crap he thought it sounded. Ringo as well?
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

DrRobert wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:58 pm I would imagine the Harrison estate would be an obstacle for this given how crap he thought it sounded. Ringo as well?
I think they were in a legal position where they had to take that stand on the Star Club. That’s just my non professional opinion of course