Dr.Ebbet - what is the truth about his CD reissues?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Rave O Lucien

Re: Dr.Ebbet - what is the truth about his CD reissues?

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Is there a "real" rip of the Canadian mono "Twist and Shout" album out there anywhere?
I've downloaded several versions of it that sound different and look different from each other... :roll:
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:03 pm Is there a "real" rip of the Canadian mono "Twist and Shout" album out there anywhere?
I've downloaded several versions of it that sound different and look different from each other... :roll:
My 2 supposed rips of Ebbetts releases of that album are different, yet Twist And Shout is clearly based on the 1987 PPM CD on both.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Track06 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:21 pmMy 2 supposed rips of Ebbetts releases of that album are different, yet Twist And Shout is clearly based on the 1987 PPM CD on both.
I recall wondering why Ebbett's tops and tails were so clean... I always check that stuff you know ;-)

Needledrops are usually pretty obvious in those quiet areas.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

It seems like we're ripping open the wizard's curtain...."Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! The Great OZ has spoken!"

Do we really want to see what's behind there?

Too late now.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:03 pm Is there a "real" rip of the Canadian mono "Twist and Shout" album out there anywhere?
I've never seen any. I still have my worned out original LP )the first one I ever bought...).
Yves
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

brainwashed wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:43 pm I have originals, test discs, and original artwork for most of the catalog. Let me know if any are needed for a new Beatlegdb project. Ron
So are you able to upload a bona fide genuine mono Ebbetts version of "Oldies" please?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

yymca6 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:46 pm
I've never seen any. I still have my worned out original LP )the first one I ever bought...).
I would dearly love a rip of that
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:16 pm
Not equipped for a needle drop unfortunately.
Yves
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

yymca6 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 pm
Rave O Lucien wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:16 pm

Not equipped for a needle drop unfortunately.
That's okay. I'll hear it someday. It's probably not revelatory.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

While pruning my Ebbetts I came across this text file from a copy somebody posted somewhere in 2008. Note the mistaken artwork sent to a customer (last sentence at bottom)...

BTW, if anyone has an alternate source of the MFSL Japanese half-speed masters not by DESS, please advise. There are some on the Sucker but seem too clean (tops and tails), even DESS's have vinyl rumble.

"Artist: The Beatles
Title: Help! (1965)
Catalog Number: MFSL-1-105

Linage: Original Silver CDR>EAC uncompressed copies>TLH FLAC Level 8 Decodes>TLH testing - no errors found.

This is a Doctor Ebbetts 2008 upgrade of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Half-speed mastered Japanese pressed vinyl using high-end recording
equipment and the best sources of vinyl in pristine/mint condition. Artwork is included in 300DPI scans.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ARTWORK: The booklet inside scan is not included because the copy I received from the Doc was in error (wrong artwork printed). I will post the corrected artwork for this torrent on a seperate torrent (artwork only) when a replacement insert is received."