Peter Jackson demos MAL on Day Tripper

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
steepien

Re: Peter Jackson demos MAL on Day Tripper

Post by steepien »

Here's just the isolations if anyone wants them. I also included a couple bonus tracks, like a fix for them accidentally putting "got a good reason" on John's vocal track, as well as some stereo mixes of the isolated vocals.

hxxps://we.tl/t-ZW9YWVAI1q
Expires Nov. 27
this is a serious message! to everybody reading my signature!

i want to tell you to check out my thread! peace and love peace and love <3
viewtopic.php?t=4823
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I laughed out loud when he said something to the effect of "I don't buy cds, I've only listened to one band for the last 40 years". Doesn't that basically describe 90% of us? :lol:

I also dug his philosophical attitude towards the remixes, comparing the fuss to Lord Of The Rings fans complaining about his own films. "Nobody's forcing you to buy a movie ticket are they?" That's basically what I think too, that even though I may not like some of it the more the merrier. As he says, "It's all good."

I can't believe how good those drum extractions are. It really literally does sound like you miked up the kit and recorded it yesterday. And the vocal extraction of John is insanely good. I had wondered if MAL could really identify separate Beatle voices but it seems it can. That alone is an amazing achievement.

I think this guy is officially our New Best Friend.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Note that the audio bitrate in the youtube video is only 50kb/s or less than half of the 128kb/s mp3 version.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

That is pretty dang cool. I hope the relationship between Jackson and Apple continues. We need that extended Get Back.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Agree... this was pretty neat! Thank you, LR, for the separate share of the Jackson/Day Tripper segment. Someday, I hope to listen to the whole podcast.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:17 am That is pretty dang cool. I hope the relationship between Jackson and Apple continues. We need that extended Get Back.
I'd settle for un-denoised Get Back.
sam004

Post by sam004 »

Not that it is the highest on the list, Imagine Hollywood Bowl or Shea in the hands of PJ. The Star Club for sure will be exciting.
ted

Post by ted »

Let's make Peter Jackson a member here/somehow!!

:D
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Happy Thanksgiving!
Peter Jackson's recent(?) purchase of the Star Club Tape will become the most important moment in that tape's existence because it is the most important recorded moment in Beatles history. The tape may provide improved fidelity, previously unknown music, dialog, dates and/or a more precise recipe for what ingredients make a Beatle! And, if not...a possibly more-correct calculation of the probability that this could ever occur at all.
Anywhere...any era...any planet!
"How do you get to The INDRA?"
We made a U-turn at Greenland then continued until we saw neon signage that spanned over the Blvd! Turn right at Grosse Freiheit!
So, it's nowhere near Carnegie Hall. And, if it proves that charisma and charm smell like moldy ferrous oxide, then perhaps provenance smells like Existentialism. Keeping up pace with a bass...and even less w/ the Best!
Strummer's calling!
London's Clashing!
Phony Beee'ul-mainya has...
ROCK The Casbah!
ALL: Kaili!
On Stuka, On Donner and Blitzen!
Long live The King-Size...
KC
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

steepien wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:36 pm Peter's Beatle identification skills are a little less impressive though.
"Ok so here's John."
*Paul starts singing*
He's still in Air-Arsenal mode...
(which is why I said Stuka and never mentioned Day Tripper!)
Thank you!
KC