Peter Jackson demos MAL on Day Tripper

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: Peter Jackson demos MAL on Day Tripper

Post by Lord Reith »

In the podcast I remember Peter J. saying that he had suggested this to Apple and they were agreeable but have no plans. I expect they'd want to use it as a hook for a reboot of Anthology.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

30 plus years ago, when I was an Electrical Engineering student, I dreamt of something like MAL specifically for Beatles music. I just didn’t know how to do it.
I wasn’t a great EE student, so it’s no surprise that I never even attempted make it.
But I knew it would be hardware and software based it could learn to tell John from Paul and what guitar was played.
I’m glad this has become a reality.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

steepien wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:38 pm Here's just the isolations if anyone wants them. I also included a couple bonus tracks, like a fix for them accidentally putting "got a good reason" on John's vocal track, as well as some stereo mixes of the isolated vocals.

hxxps://we.tl/t-ZW9YWVAI1q
Expires Nov. 27
Any chance for a reup of the cool parts please!!!!!!!
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:58 pm Peter is not an audio genius but he has the money to hire audio geniuses and make the magic happen. His crew's recent work on Beatles video and audio is a good resume for similar work on other legacy material.

Sometimes you just need people with money who also care to make stuff happen.

Peter has basically said he wants to tackle even more Beatles stuff. He bought the Star Club tapes for a reason. I would not be surprised if he gets the 1957 tape also. He certainly has enough money to gobble up all this stuff up. I'm curious what he paid for the Star Club tape. $100,000? 1 million?

I bet he's already floated the idea to Paul/Ringo of enhancing "Real Love" and "Free as a Bird." If Apple was smarter they should have did all three together as an EP.
What´s more, PJ is a Beatles Fan. We all already know that fact. :D
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

RubberSolof wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:35 am
steepien wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:38 pm Here's just the isolations if anyone wants them. I also included a couple bonus tracks, like a fix for them accidentally putting "got a good reason" on John's vocal track, as well as some stereo mixes of the isolated vocals.

hxxps://we.tl/t-ZW9YWVAI1q
Expires Nov. 27
Any chance for a reup of the cool parts please!!!!!!!

This is PJ on Day Tripper: hxxps://we.tl/t-HQ7DSQWUN0
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Thanks...fascinating stuff
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

PJ is like the new Magic Alex, except that he's a genius instead of a bloody idiot. :lol:

I wonder if Alex could have conceived MAL. Perhaps it would have manifested itself as a large device made out of Meccano that slit a mono tape into 6 thinner tapes?
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:14 pm
unwantedman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:36 am thanks for the link. the audio demonstration was quite remarkable. is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble understanding peter jackson sometimes? he seems to mumble.
He is a little bit mumbly but I actually found that incredibly refreshing. I hate all these celebs who talk in a grandiose phoney way, with all their "insights" that they have rehearsed and regurgitated a hundred times before. At least Pete is the real deal. He has actual interesting things to say and is not engaged in a PR wankfest. What other celeb would sit there and freeform for 3+ hours? I can't think of any offhand. If he is hard to follow sometimes it's only because he has a head full of ideas that are all struggling to get out at once. He may be a billionaire, but he comes over as completely unnaffected. That in itself is quite an achievement.
Then just wait til I add some credibility to it!
I hope Mr. Jackson realizes that I read the Lennon books many times.
I think he could mumble even be'er if he would go 'o den'ist and have most
of the 'T's removed from his gorble! Say, "Ahh" Pe'er!
Chheers...
(With an L.A. accen'! Oi!!)
Happy New Year...
(All: Kaili!!!)
KC

Edit: [Audio Genius = Algorithms = Piranhaware in a clearly adjustable array!]
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:34 am PJ is like the new Magic Alex, except that he's a genius instead of a bloody idiot. :lol:

I wonder if Alex could have conceived MAL. Perhaps it would have manifested itself as a large device made out of Meccano that slit a mono tape into 6 thinner tapes?
Well, remember Alex promised a Multitrack Board recording desk for the Twickenham-Get Back rehearsals. Visionary guy. :D
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Alex should have been a science fiction writer.