Peter Jackson demos MAL on Day Tripper

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Peter Jackson demos MAL on Day Tripper

Post by Lord Reith »

In the latest "Things We said Today" podcast is a lengthy (3hrs+) interview with Peter Jackson.

He starts out as you'd expect by talking about Now And Then, then goes into the details about what happened with the Get Back bluray and whether there's any likelihood of an extended version (he also says that he's recorded a commentary with Hogg for Let It Be). At 1'34'30" he has a lot of interesting stuff to say about the Star Club tape (which he recently purchased) and related matters. There's a lot of talk about MAL and how it works, but the most interesting thing is when he takes over for 23 minutes and gives a demo of MAL, playing all the extracted stems they made for Day Tripper. This includes Ringo's disassembled drum kit (amazing!) and the separated vocal harmonies.

We also get an insight into Apple's way of thinking and what he hopes to achieve in the future. And there is talk about bootlegs!

Here is the MAL demo to download by itself: https://tinyurl.com/47psfsw3

And this is the full podcast: https://tinyurl.com/5n7sfdp5
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Antonio218

Re: Peter Jackson demos MAL on Day Tripper

Post by Antonio218 »

Very interesting. Thank you very much LR.
Rondordrecht193

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

wonderful to hear this!! thank you Lord!!!!!
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Here is the video which is much much better than listeneing to an mp3

billylentz

Post by billylentz »

It´s amazing and a bit frightening! Incredible!

I can´t say we could never have dreamed about something about this, because this is exactly what we have always dreamed about!

I´m hoping this technology can go beyond the gates of the Beatles garden. I think about how great it can be to improve early recordings by Elvis... Robert Johnson... Can you imagine? Even within the Beatles... All those noisy concerts... What about John´s material? I have always dreamed of a "Rock and roll" remix in the style of the takes on the Anthology box... Those early jazz recordings...

While I´m not the biggest fan of commercial remixes, it´s impossible not to think about how many possibilities are open now. There are gigantic potentialities.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Jackson is going to try negotiating a purchase of..............Lord Reith!
I hope we're indemnified. Truly, Reith has already deciphered or predicted all that Jackson alludes to. That is the best part of this. When logic is purely magnetic and based on Alpha, Delta and Theta currents its influence is gravitational and may even mimic various properties of metal. Reith seems to be speaking concurrently about multiple depths of concern. Jackson's words are worth relishing. I wouldn't want to jinx anything because Superstition is already being removed. Jackson has purchased the Star Club tape? So, THAT's what I felt! Gravity! Specifically, Reith gravity. As various remaining issues play out in this plot, their respective mystery and function are allowed to find the historical essence, in a predictable chronology that is finally linear, again. Of clarity, it might be less erosive and not frightening in any way! If this seemed too much like gobbledegook, enjoy it. That's what it used to be. But, today...it is beyond the spirit of Nativity. Today, I say unto you, Lo a Savior has been born...A Reith of Happiness has been hung for everyone.
Welcome to the Jubilee! Let your amazement grow!
pH: 7
Congratulations, Lord Reith.
Enjoy this!
I am.
KC

Thank you, WilliamShears!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Well his demo certainly settles the question of how well it can demix drums and group vocals.
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

It is fascinating what can be done now. We also know that new Beatles music will continue for the foreseeable future.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

As I said, if Peter could remix the entire StarClub tape and get it out it would be the greatest artistic and technical achievement and I'm hoping it happens sooner than later.
steepien

Post by steepien »

Wow, those vocal isolations are really impressive. John's especially is pretty clean.

Peter's Beatle identification skills are a little less impressive though.

"Ok so here's John."
*Paul starts singing*

:lol:
this is a serious message! to everybody reading my signature!

i want to tell you to check out my thread! peace and love peace and love <3
viewtopic.php?t=4823