Star Club photos & interesting stuff

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Bazilnerk

Re: Star Club photos & interesting stuff

Post by Bazilnerk »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:07 pm If you guys hadn't pursued Larry then who knows what might have become of the tape.
I'm sure they'd have tracked Larry down eventually. - Between auction listings and our Record Collector article, it wasn't exactly a state secret who owned the tape.
Golem

Post by Golem »

sorry I haven't been following this thread closley, what happened to the vocal experiments thread?
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:58 am I love that picture of Astrid outside the Star Club. She occupies such a unique and important place in Beatle History.
Ted had that I do not know where got it but I love it also this is why put as it its own post......I thought how fitting
Chris
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

I'm about halfway through the Peter Jackson podcast and pretty much every word is worth the time to listen. An extremely fascinating conversation with plenty of detail, thanks for sharing it! I actually have an email address for Peter Jackson (or his office) and I'm going to email him about the Hamburg tape. I'll let everyone know if I do get a response . . .
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Kinda neat we did this post and now we hear Peter owns it
Chris
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:25 pm
Golem wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:42 pm sorry I haven't been following this thread closley, what happened to the vocal experiments thread?
It's just hidden temporarily while i finish off that project.
I'm about halfway through the Peter Jackson podcast and pretty much every word is worth the time to listen. An extremely fascinating conversation with plenty of detail, thanks for sharing it! I actually have an email address for Peter Jackson (or his office) and I'm going to email him about the Hamburg tape. I'll let everyone know if I do get a response . . .
Tell him we did a transcript which might be of use to him. Recently I have been able to improve it. The old version is in Thortsten's book but he may not have that.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:16 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:25 pm
Golem wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:42 pm sorry I haven't been following this thread closley, what happened to the vocal experiments thread?
It's just hidden temporarily while i finish off that project.
Tell him we did a transcript which might be of use to him. Recently I have been able to improve it. The old version is in Thortsten's book but he may not have that.
The transcript i have in my book is slightly different to the one in the CD sets. I hope Peter has my book but I dont know. If he hasnt he should contact me.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

georgefromhenley wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:45 pm
The transcript i have in my book is slightly different to the one in the CD sets. I hope Peter has my book but I dont know. If he hasnt he should contact me.
With demixing I have been able to greatly improve the intelligibility of the links. So i will have to post a revised transcript.
wizz

Post by wizz »

WOA76 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:58 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:58 am I love that picture of Astrid outside the Star Club. She occupies such a unique and important place in Beatle History.
Ted had that I do not know where got it but I love it also this is why put as it its own post......I thought how fitting
other pics from same photo shoot here:

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/Astri ... y=relevant
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Great photo shoot. Thanks for the link wizz.