What's your favorite Klaus Voormann bassline?

General music and other artist discussions.
twogurusindrag

What's your favorite Klaus Voormann bassline?

Post by twogurusindrag »

I go with:

She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
Rickenbacker325

Re: What's your favorite Klaus Voormann bassline?

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Strangely enough…my favorite Kläus bass line is…

Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I don't know exactly which songs he plays on. But, there was a whole page featurette in FLIP(?) Magazine in early 1970 telling how the three Beatles had decided to forge ahead...steady on...with Klaus Voormann attending to all Chores McCartney. The photo of Klaus was very Beatles flavored. The whole thing read like another candid glimpse into TinselTown's Secret-Du-Jour. And, even I was gullible enough to award merit to the echelon of such journalism(I bought the issue). I never saw the article/piece anywhere else! So, Carly Simon(and Schuster) circa 1972...her peak moment might have been so vain, that even Mick Jagger thought the song was about him! It wasn't. Mick sang backing vox and it was all about Warren Beatty! Clouds in my coffee? The wife of a close friend! Carly had such beautiful posture. Those lips, those hips and all that tuition money! "Daddy, I'm sorry!"<-----(The Junkie from Martha's Vineyard, Apple Recording Artist...James Mockingbird) but my fave moment is the very first sounds of You're So Vain with Klaus' bass and Carly whispering "Son-Of-A-Gun!" and the piano takes it from there. Trivia: The VERY BEST bra and panties remover ever invented is The Best Of Carly Simon(1975) and The Best Of Bread(1973). Carly was AM radio's last gasp of female anticipation. She even saved a higher summit for James Bond(Nobody Does It Better, 1978)...Klaus did the cover for BEE GEES' - Idea LP!
That's Impressive! She's a long way from the Reeperbahn.
KC
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

Whatever gets you through the night.

The bass is so tricky that even he plays 2 notes wrong. ( he plays a c# instead of a c ).
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Does he play on Meat City? I love that bass part.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Carly was the early vocalist with Elephant's Memory.
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:52 am Does he play on Meat City? I love that bass part.
Wikipedia says it was Gordon Edwards.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

zaval80 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:21 pm Carly was the early vocalist with Elephant's Memory.
I need a book on them.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

twogurusindrag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:43 pm I need a book on them.
Me too. Supposedly there is some:
hxxps://www.heraldstandard.com/gcm/news/local_n ... 7b284.html
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:52 am Does he play on Meat City? I love that bass part.
no Klaus was not on Mind Games; the line up was somehow different : on bass through the whole album : Gordon Edwards
David Spinozza for the main electric guitar - all lap-steel guitar (apparently Spinozza discovered the lap-steel guitar when he listened to the album so I guess based on his interview that Sneaky Pete came later for the overdubs and probably Spinozza did not play on "You Are Here")

The only familiar member is Jim Keltner.

Like on Yoko's "Woman's Power" there are two drummer on "Meat City" : Jim Keltner and David Spinozza.
I used A.I to get an instrumental of this Yoko's track; it's worth the listening believe me- really a powerful track.

There's another track with 2 drummers on the same song : Freeda People (Bring On The Lucy)