What's your favorite Klaus Voormann bassline?

General music and other artist discussions.
Rupert Pupkin

Re: What's your favorite Klaus Voormann bassline?

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

My favorite bass line by Klaus is on "Isolation" (Miles Davis's "rule" : simpler is beautiful; it perfectly deserves this song), "God" follows for the same reason - and the "Remember" chorus "don't you worry 'bout what you've done"... John's double-tracking vocals harmonies which sounds very Beatlesque, and Klaus played here a very melodic bass line which is a kind of counterpoint to the heartbeat, marathon bass-line of someone who is running through all his live (you know John's verse in God).

Talking about "Heartbeat", the heartbeat, pumping bombastic bass line on "Cold Turkey" is another winner.
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:30 pm I used A.I to get an instrumental of this Yoko's track; it's worth the listening believe me- really a powerful track.
I'd like to hear it.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

silvercup67 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:28 am Whatever gets you through the night.

The bass is so tricky that even he plays 2 notes wrong. ( he plays a c# instead of a c ).
Didn’t even think of that one…great bassline for sure
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

twogurusindrag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:40 pm
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:30 pm I used A.I to get an instrumental of this Yoko's track; it's worth the listening believe me- really a powerful track.
I'd like to hear it.
hxxps://wetransfer.com/downloads/99001d ... 936/eacdff

not the best instrumental mix (I'm sure a better mix can be done); be that's enough to appreciate the double-drumming intro (2 drummers as posted above) and David Spinozza on blasting, smashing guitar. And that's a Yoko's song...
If I wanted to film a gangster high tension scene which starts by running then a police car chase (like in To Live And Die In L.A or a Michael Mann movie) I would use this track.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

twogurusindrag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:54 am I go with:
Thank you! I never knew there was an official video.
(Neither did the light man)
Ringo looks very 'Candy'...(Blindman)
and you snow it don't come easy!
We're just lucky Peter Sellers didn't show up as Werner Von Strangelove onboard the Magic Christian!
Lots of projects! One Ringo...and, a George!
KC
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:01 am not the best instrumental mix (I'm sure a better mix can be done); be that's enough to appreciate the double-drumming intro (2 drummers as posted above) and David Spinozza on blasting, smashing guitar. And that's a Yoko's song...
That's pretty heavy.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.