Beatles Number One in UK (merged topics)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
ExDalek

Re: Beatles Number One in UK

Post by ExDalek »

Help67 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:54 pm On amazon.es you have it at a good price: 24,23€. The blue vinyl. It's number 1 on amazon.es... You know you can buy it in any amazon.
Everything sold out on Beatles site and UK Amazon, all down to scalpers now. Beatles site was one cd per customer, would like to know how many were made of each format.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ExDalek wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:16 pm
Help67 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:54 pm On amazon.es you have it at a good price: 24,23€. The blue vinyl. It's number 1 on amazon.es... You know you can buy it in any amazon.
Everything sold out on Beatles site and UK Amazon, all down to scalpers now. Beatles site was one cd per customer, would like to know how many were made of each format.
Disgraceful stuff. If they wanted to frustrate and rip off true fans by selling most of their stock to scalpers, then they couldn't have planned it better. Well done.

What they need to do now is repress all formats in quantity to make the Ebay versions worthless.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:58 am Disgraceful stuff. If they wanted to frustrate and rip off true fans by selling most of their stock to scalpers, then they couldn't have planned it better. Well done.
What they need to do now is repress all formats in quantity to make the Ebay versions worthless.
Lord Reith,
You should organize a pool to guess how long I can contain my own enthusiasm!
I didn't think I could last this long. Please do not discount the simple fact that ANY contender named 'Swift' should make the proper use of noblesse oblige especially for a little band that broke up in 1970. By that, I mean Taylor Swift might want to be remembered in 60 years. If he?/she? donated the amount of purchased streams to The Old Fogies, their respective merits might be acknowledged. The Beatles carried the industry since 1970. They've even carried their own solo careers...which WON'T be celebrated in 60 years, but The Beatles will still be the buoyancy in the water. All rivers flow to the sea...(same one). We don't need Swift's help. Too bad I've never heard of them(the Taylors). We've only got half a group...on a half-shell...and where is the pearl?
Grains of sand in the buoyant water. That ain't shellfish...
Slightly geriatric?
Sea Of Time!
Reith, I'd hug you if I could get my hands on you!
The Beatles don't need to be swift...
They don't need to be #1...
They just want me to be quiet!
(agreed)
KC
skynet

Post by skynet »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:58 am
ExDalek wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:16 pm
Disgraceful stuff. If they wanted to frustrate and rip off true fans by selling most of their stock to scalpers, then they couldn't have planned it better. Well done.

There are still some availability in the Beatles UK/Australia on line store, just bought today the 4 CD box set and the CD Single from there

i saw copies of the clear, marble and blue vinyl single still available there (i got a copy of the Marble single, cassette and the 6 LP colored box set on the MX store the day of the release - to clarify, i am not a hoarder) but you may be able to grab them from the UK Store
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

Here is the Canadian site...

https://shop.udiscovermusic.ca/collections/the-beatles

Nearly everything is in stock. Only 3 items sold out
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Looks like they are starting to press more thank goodness. Pretty silly not to. Seems as though they massively underestimated demand.
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

I was able to get the 7" single in marble colour but the 12" is sold out again in the UK store.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

miggynav wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:09 pm I was able to get the 7" single in marble colour but the 12" is sold out again in the UK store.
Just press enough already!

What is their problem?
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:13 pm
miggynav wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:09 pm I was able to get the 7" single in marble colour but the 12" is sold out again in the UK store.
Just press enough already!

What is their problem?
The additional shipping cost and waiting time is really annoying.
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Definitely number 1 now!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.