Beatles Number One in UK (merged topics)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Phil_Lip

Beatles Number One in UK (merged topics)

Post by Phil_Lip »

Breaking news!!

Beatles Now And Then number 1 on the official singles chart.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Nine-0-Nine

Re: Beatles Number One in UK

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

Phil_Lip wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:54 pm Beatles Now And Then number 1 on the official singles chart.
Terribly tasteless times we are living in.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

Hi all, I think they have started on the 42 with 10 hours of selling, at the close of the week. I think it will be Friday the 10th when you will see your position.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

This week's number one in the UK is Taylor Swift.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

According to the official listing page, they are selling more than anyone else, but it won't close until Friday.
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

My bad - Don't know how the UK charts work these days!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

It was edited within ten hours of the list closing. On the official website it says they're going straight to number one, but a lot can happen between now and Friday.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

This is nice news, of course! A kind of validation that our main interest is still musically relevant even after so long.

Though I can't help but think this is not actually a yearning Beatles "goodbye" song but yet another of John's crying out to Yoko songs, trying to win her back (she was fooling around with Sam at the time, please Google)... Strange Lennon family dynamics turned into something else ;-)

(Or maybe he was singing to May, there was that going on too, open marriage I guess...)

PS: As much of an earworm as this is I should also add that I can really do without ever hearing Paul's slide solo again! Or his backing vocal. An "A" for intent but a "D" for execution.
Last edited by alphabeatles on Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It's gonna happen!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Help67

Post by Help67 »

We'll have to wait until Friday to find out, but I think this weekend's surge in sales will come from the fans. It will be difficult to maintain this rate of sales all week. If they were number 1 it would be the 18th. They would have to re-release Beatles 1 with 28 songs... I don't think it will be number 1, to be honest. But I'm a born pessimist. Domestic covers of the song are already appearing on youtube.