Help making crossfades

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Pattie

Help making crossfades

Post by Pattie »

I want to make a compilation, in the style of the early Moody Blues records. I need an audio program, which allows me to crossfade between songs, but which preserves the number of songs. I know how to crossfade with Audacity, but it leaves them to me as if it were a single song. Any ideas or help are greatly appreciated ;)
Tell Me What You See 8-)
twogurusindrag

Re: Help making crossfades

Post by twogurusindrag »

Are you just trying to split the track? It seems like this might help.

https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/track-numbers/24250
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
unwantedman

Post by unwantedman »

i use a free program called cd wave editor to insert track markings that don't leave gaps.
Elmore James ain't got nothin' on this baby.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Pattie wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:53 pm I want to make a compilation, in the style of the early Moody Blues records. I need an audio program, which allows me to crossfade between songs, but which preserves the number of songs. I know how to crossfade with Audacity, but it leaves them to me as if it were a single song. Any ideas or help are greatly appreciated ;)
You can do that in audacity. You just need to add labels.

Once you've crossfaded the songs, click TRACKS > ADD NEW > LABEL TRACK.

At the points where you want to split, click the cursor on the label track and press Cntrl and B together. You can then paste or type the name of the song in a little field. Once you've done them all, go to "export multiple" and choose "split by labels" then choose a format and destination and Bob's your auntie's lover.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Pattie

Post by Pattie »

It's a pleasure to be helped by so many good people. I'll try Audacity first, as I've already experienced something. And I'll take a look at cd wave editor. Thanks a lot
Tell Me What You See 8-)