Red & Blue Albums

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
gaels7592

Re: Red & Blue Albums

Post by gaels7592 »

Engonoceras wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:01 am The new mixes sound like SH*T to me.

Seriously, the crew around here is doing infinitely better work.

Giles has gone deaf or insane or both.
Where can they be heard?
gaels7592

Post by gaels7592 »

billylentz wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:05 pm We can expect to get it in Brazil before 2023, then. Until then I´ll have to accept a download, which has already been leaked.

I´m liking the new mixes so far. On first listen, "She loves you" sounds like it could benefited more, though.
Where can I hear the new mixes?
Tex

Post by Tex »

Garrett's recent "She Loves You" remix sounds amazing compared to Giles Martin's new sonic abortion. Hell, my recent remixes sound better.

I sure hope the boot samples being shared are deliberately screwed with and the real product sounds better. Companies do that to early copies to catch bootleggers.

I'm gonna wait and let other people review the physical product.
Last edited by Tex on Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

I am the walrus is a shocker in the second half.
between 3.58 and 4.17 the sound effects drown out everything else
and then the radio sounds have clicking/popping volume pots..arrghhh
not to mention a whole lot of extra sound effects that I've never heard before

there's new puffing sounds panned from left to right at about 1.15 in.
who mixed like this?..I'm never going to get a properly mixed EMI apple in true stereo all the way through!

on a better note..I do like the really wide mix of Roll Over Beethoven.

Love me do is still the single not the lp version
Please please me is the lp not the single version
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

Engonoceras wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:01 am

no he has passion fingers...everything he touches he F**Ks
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Remember, these releases are just raw material for our resident remixers (re-fixers)!
Tex

Post by Tex »

alphabeatles wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:14 am Remember, these releases are just raw material for our resident remixers (re-fixers)!
The stereo strings on "Yesterday" are pretty cool and might be usable in a remix. I can drop in the clean mono vocal (already speed corrected). I'd kinda like to borrow that chunky guitar from "Magical Mystery Tour".

I just got through spectrally remixing PPM, AHDN, Help and RS and after skimming the new official mixes I really don't hear anything usable in my mixes. :cry:

My mixes (and everyone else's) doesn't have that extra layer of murkiness and processing like the official remixes. Compare my recent "Twist and Shout" to Giles' remix and it's no contest.

At least Giles muted the bad drums track from "Eight Days A Week" in the new mix. Good Dog, Nigel. ARF!
Last edited by Tex on Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

billylentz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:53 am "She loves you" sounds a bit strange to me... I think I was expecting a different separation.

Is there a reason why many attempts at a stereo mix of "She loves you" put practically all of the drums on one channel and guitars on the other? Would´t a spread drums over the stereo picture be a more canonical approach?
You could but it would sound very 70s. That kind of approach gives you the sound field from the perspective of the drummer ie: drums to your left, right and centre where from the audience point of view drums and pianos essentially are heard in mono. When I hear those panned drum mixes I feel like I am crouching on the floor in front of the drummer. :lol:
DarkHumour wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:29 pm Something kinda funny I just realized...there's been so much effort by the official Beatles distributors to bring this band to a new generation of fresh ears, but guess where I, as an oddball "zoomer", really fell in love with the "fab four"?

RIGHT HERE! :lol:
That's great! I accidentally fell in love with The Beatles too, through repeats of the cartoon series in the 70s. My gratitude to Al Brodax is undying.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Tex

Post by Tex »

Engonoceras wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:15 am
The stereo strings on "Yesterday" are pretty cool and might be usable in a remix. I can drop in the clean mono vocal (already speed corrected).
I just ran a test. Actually the "Yesterday" vocal can be deverbed quite nicely without importing the mono vocal.

"Drive My Car" deverbs pretty well.
Last edited by Tex on Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

gaels7592 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:06 am
Engonoceras wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:01 am The new mixes sound like SH*T to me.

Seriously, the crew around here is doing infinitely better work.

Where can they be heard?
They'll be out in a few days. Amazon ship early to make sure people get them on release date, so a lot of us are getting them a few days early.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene