Red & Blue Albums

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
silvercup67

Re: Red & Blue Albums

Post by silvercup67 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:49 pm
silvercup67 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:40 pm I am sure that everything will be on YouTube on Friday, but will they upload teasers beforehand?
Maybe they'll put up She Loves You and one track from the Blue album.
I am really interested in hearing She Loves You. When the MAL online sites first came up, You, sir, and others, made really good Stereo mixes.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

The Red & Blue sets hold a bit of nostalgia for me. I was introduced to the music of The Beatles many many eons ago. In the mid-60's, my parents bought their albums. I remember hearing Help! on the hi-fi when I was 3 years old. A few years later, when I started to discover "modern music," in the early 70's, I was fortunate that my local library in Woodland Hills had a couple records that I borrowed: Yellow Submarine and 1967-1970; back then it was not referred to by its color. I remember listening to this set and marveling at the album cover, trying to pick out the individual Beatles from the crowd at the gate. From there I bought my first Beatle album, Hey Jude. After that came Abbey Road and 1962-1966. From then forward I was obsessed with collecting all of the albums.

The Red and Blue sets were a huge introduction to the music of The Beatles. I recall thinking that these two sets comprised all of their tunes....little did I know.

This release is quite nostalgic for me in that respect. But knowing what I know now, and having been a tremendous enthusiast for so many years, this release is nice, yet also not quite so nice. I get the whole Now And Then vibe. I kinda like the song, and I'm certain it will grow on me over time. But the upcoming release highlights a horrifically missed opportunity to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of their first two albums. I can only wonder if there will be a 70th....and who will still retain enough marbles to appreciate it. I totally get that there is a push to turn the kids on to The Beatles, to perpetuate the myth, as it were. But it's not really necessary. The Beatles' music transcends, it embraces, it exhilarates. There doesn't need to be an MO to bring in new listeners.

My 2 cents.
-Z
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

It's no accident...
This release is meant to be woven into and secured to the 'last' single in a multi-layered juncture that can't be seen from this vantage point. But time vanishes into the horizon. This is about spectrum. It is about rebirth, new mornings, dreams and memories. The two remaining Beatles must be terrified by it all. Knowing that so much happened and you only get to hear about it from babbling prattlers and every time you look at a calendar its upside down. And so maybe they finally wrote about something that isn't just seventeen...that had to go...but I may mean NO...back where I came from...and still they lead me back...to HERE and gone! The finality of forever and the hope of Goodbye!
We'll have to do it without them someday!
This is why we need young people to replace the fallen.
Every troop needs a voice and every song that we sing is but the same song!
Hope is not forbidden.
Good things can grow and spread like ripples on a pond!
And, the Beatles would be the perfect platform on which this collective assembles!
If AI can embellish this cause, it will be allowed to.
If it can't, it mustn't!
Red + Blue is Purple!
Real and Regal...
KC
DarkHumour

Post by DarkHumour »

Something kinda funny I just realized...there's been so much effort by the official Beatles distributors to bring this band to a new generation of fresh ears, but guess where I, as an oddball "zoomer", really fell in love with the "fab four"?

RIGHT HERE! :lol:

And it was as simple as saying, "ABRACADABRA!"

I'm still quite excited for this new set, though...I think I might actually be getting the "Red" and "Blue" CDs for my birthday, in less than a week.
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

Really modern sounding mixes, I'm loving listening to them
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

"She loves you" sounds a bit strange to me... I think I was expecting a different separation.

Is there a reason why many attempts at a stereo mix of "She loves you" put practically all of the drums on one channel and guitars on the other? Would´t a spread drums over the stereo picture be a more canonical approach?
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

billylentz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:53 am "She loves you" sounds a bit strange to me... I think I was expecting a different separation.

Is there a reason why many attempts at a stereo mix of "She loves you" put practically all of the drums on one channel and guitars on the other? Would´t a spread drums over the stereo picture be a more canonical approach?
Honestly, I like it to listen to a wider stereo with drums, guitar or anything else in the left channel and vocals in the right channel. It's really cool to hear these mixes that are on the first two albums in Stereo, it's simply a matter of taste.
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

I Am The Walrus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:19 am
billylentz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:53 am "She loves you" sounds a bit strange to me... I think I was expecting a different separation.

Honestly, I like it to listen to a wider stereo with drums, guitar or anything else in the left channel and vocals in the right channel. It's really cool to hear these mixes that are on the first two albums in Stereo, it's simply a matter of taste.

There is an unusual amount of edits on that song. Which is why the 2 track is missing.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
gaels7592

Post by gaels7592 »

Where can I get these mixes myself? I can't find the leak
Tex

Post by Tex »

The new mixes sound like SH*T to me.

Seriously, the crew around here is doing infinitely better work.

Giles has gone deaf or insane or both.