Cavernous voice on "Now and then"

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
billylentz

Cavernous voice on "Now and then"

Post by billylentz »

Hi, guys!

While I loved "Now and then", I´m intrigued by this voice I´m hearing on the chorus. It´s a deep, cavernous voice. Can´t figure if it´s Paul or Ringo and still can´t hear it clearly enough to replicate it. I haven´t decided yet if I like it or not. I´m still trying to figure it out, what it is doing on the song. It´s during the chorus bit. So far I´m thinking it´s a bit odd. I´m not sure... It may be a reverberation of the voices ensemble...

You guys know what I´m talking about? Any thoughts?
billylentz

Re: Cavernous voice on "Now and then"

Post by billylentz »

Listening to the isolated tracks on YouTube (hXXps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxQfGBpci0) - the backing vocals segment at 21' -, I get the feeling what I´m listening is Paul´s strain to hit the higher notes. Not the voice or the notes themselves. It gives an odd effect. I´ll let it rest before deciding how I like it.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

AI would have been very appropriate to get Paul and Ringo back to their younger selves – or at least their 40-year-old selves.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

billylentz wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:33 pm Hi, guys!

While I loved "Now and then", I´m intrigued by this voice I´m hearing on the chorus. It´s a deep, cavernous voice. Can´t figure if it´s Paul or Ringo and still can´t hear it clearly enough to replicate it. I haven´t decided yet if I like it or not. I´m still trying to figure it out, what it is doing on the song. It´s during the chorus bit. So far I´m thinking it´s a bit odd. I´m not sure... It may be a reverberation of the voices ensemble...

You guys know what I´m talking about? Any thoughts?
Things are getting strange
I'm starting to worry!
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully! Paul already has a very different aura about him which is unknown to me. His state is not alarming but it is slightly catatonic and I don't want him driving any more tugboats. His own excitement might push him over a tolerable level of coping. Beatles anecdotes need not be vengeful. If he contradicts himself, someone could get hurt!@I don't want to judge but, . Mary, Stell and James know what I'm talking about. I'm worried about what a last Beatles single should sound like!
Silence?(Clunk clunk)
Sacrifice?(Step aside, REVLOVER)
A painting?(the one that sold)
A haircut(Image:Existential)
Beatles w/ a double 'A'!
I was really thinking an ALBUM was on the way!
How defeatist!
And does anyone know why Paul took up painting?
DRAW(Sketch, charcoal, Gogh On) your own conclusions!
Something is bothering him!
I love you, Paul!
You aren't alone!<------EVER!
KC
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:02 am AI would have been very appropriate to get Paul and Ringo back to their younger selves – or at least their 40-year-old selves.
And then if they did do that everyone would’ve had a fit. I can see the posts now in my mind.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

cliftdean74 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:39 am
alphabeatles wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:02 am AI would have been very appropriate to get Paul and Ringo back to their younger selves – or at least their 40-year-old selves.
And then if they did do that everyone would’ve had a fit. I can see the posts now in my mind.
I hear you! Now hear this!

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1d7tGAkrK-cLDXS2lMM9O-4mgEpEQX9ft/view?usp=sharing
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:05 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:39 am
I hear you! Now hear this!

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1d7tGAkrK-cLDXS2lMM9O-4mgEpEQX9ft/view?usp=sharing
I'm 100% with you. I'm not suggesting it doesn't sound better but you know what I'm saying.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Of course! As for Ringo and Paul singing along, "Bless their hearts" as they say in the South... (I am not from the South but that's what they say there...)

Now and then, you know what I miss? Paul's voice!