Listen to Now And Then here

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Listen to Now And Then here

Post by Lord Reith »

BBC Radio 2 are playing the new single at 2pm UK time today with Mark Lewisohn guesting apparently. Supposedly it will also drop on Spotify etc at the same time but given that I can't even find any mention of it on Spotify I'm not entirely confident it will appear there at the right time. So this looks like being the only absolute bona fide surefire way to hear the thing at 2pm... so we can all hear it TOGETHER!

You don't need to be in the UK to listen. Just go to the link below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_two

Reminder: there is no need for people to upload the song after broadcast. It''ll be streaming everywhere so no need to incur the wrath of the Apple bonkers.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
miggynav

Re: Listen to Now And Then here

Post by miggynav »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:19 am BBC Radio 2 are playing the new single at 2pm UK time (11 hours from now) today with Mark Lewisohn guesting apparently. Supposedly it will also drop on Spotify etc at the same time but given that I can't even find any mention of it on Spotify I'm not entirely confident it will appear there at the right time. So this looks like being the only absolute bona fide surefire way to hear the thing at 2pm... so we can all hear it TOGETHER!

Is it going to be 5am in Sydney?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

miggynav wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:17 am
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:19 am BBC Radio 2 are playing the new single at 2pm UK time (11 hours from now) today with Mark Lewisohn guesting apparently. Supposedly it will also drop on Spotify etc at the same time but given that I can't even find any mention of it on Spotify I'm not entirely confident it will appear there at the right time. So this looks like being the only absolute bona fide surefire way to hear the thing at 2pm... so we can all hear it TOGETHER!

Is it going to be 5am in Sydney?
In Sydney it would be 1am Thursday night (technically Friday morning).
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:19 am BBC Radio 2 are playing the new single at 2pm UK time today with Mark Lewisohn guesting apparently. Supposedly it will also drop on Spotify etc at the same time but given that I can't even find any mention of it on Spotify I'm not entirely confident it will appear there at the right time. So this looks like being the only absolute bona fide surefire way to hear the thing at 2pm... so we can all hear it TOGETHER!

Thank you for providing the link to the Radio 2 live stream. Hearing it there with Mark Lewisohn sounds like the most fitting way to listen to the premiere.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Actually it's streaming everywhere now. Went up right on 2pm.
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

Pretty good job getting John's clean vocal & nice song but nothing real special about it IMO.

I am actually more interested in the flip side of Love Me Do in new stereo if anyone can provide details or an upload possibly?

Thanks, Rog
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Mixerrog wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:35 pm I am actually more interested in the flip side of Love Me Do in new stereo if anyone can provide details or an upload possibly?

Thanks, Rog
They are on Youtube already

BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thanks for the heads up, Very cool!!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Anybody got an imaginary hammer?
I think I imagined a nail has failed to hold up the real separation. I've never heard this song except just now. Played once!
It's better than FAAB and RL!
I'll wait on the rest!
They really separated things!
Is something missing?
KC

I mean MISS-sing!
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:36 pm Anybody got an imaginary hammer?
I think I imagined a nail has failed to hold up the real separation. I've never heard this song except just now. Played once!
It's better than FAAB and RL!
I'll wait on the rest!
They really separated things!
Is something missing?
KC

I mean MISS-sing!
Yes sir…the bridge is missing! A good time was had by all with this first listen…I’m up to about a dozen or so plays myself