Celebration 60 years

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
JosRem

Celebration 60 years

Post by JosRem »

Today I feel like I must celebrate the fact that I am a Beatles fan for over 60 years now, starting somewhere between She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand. Autumn 1963 the LP Please Please Me stood in the middle of the shopwindow in our record store on the corner. Still too expensive for me. In the evening I listened here in Holland to Radio Luxembourg on 208 meter. Pocket money was just enough for bubble gum cards with the red wrapper. I pasted photos in my school diary and wrote their Christian names next to it. I saw Beatles Come To Town film before AHDN. This week we come full circle with Now and Then. Enjoyed everything so much all these years. Traveled all over the world from LA to Tokyo. Was involved in Beatles Unlimited magazine. Spoke personally to three of them out of four. Collected many previously unreleased tapes and outtakes before release on bootleg. Spent a few days at Abbey Road with Fenno in 1983. I could write a book. There is a nice Dutch podcast about me (episode 150 of Fab4Cast). Have fun in the coming hours and days. I feel like that 14 year old fan again from 1963. Keep up the good job and fine shares everybody. Regards Jos