A Pillow For Your Head -1969 McCartney (AI)

theboxinargentina

A Pillow For Your Head -1969 McCartney (AI)

Post by theboxinargentina »

This is quite honestly the nicest thing I've heard in some time.
The "what's" are covered in the video, with the song at the end.

I've also extracted the song from the video and uploaded it here:
hxxps://we.tl/t-gYYR4L9qp7

Maybe it's because I had a beautiful, sweet, lovely dog, long gone, who used to carry around a little pillow, or maybe I just love McCartney in this mode, but I must admit I got a little misty-eyed by the 10th listen! I hope "Now And Then" is this good!
Last edited by theboxinargentina on Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
darod

Re: A Pillow For Your Head -1969 McCartney (AI)

Post by darod »

Thank you so much theboxinargentina for sharing this clip, it is a very beautiful song form Paul. It is sad that he's not recorded it.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Thanks!!
IfYouLookToYourLeft

Post by IfYouLookToYourLeft »

This version is absolutely delightful. I know it’s ‘technically’ not from an original source but the vocals are so close to Macca that it literally brought me to tears. This is where A.I. gets tricky. I know that personally I will be keeping this for my collection but I can see where certain fans would consider this sacrilege. To each their own. As long as it’s clearly labeled for what it is I have no issue with this technology. Personally, I await for what someone will come up with next.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Is there on their blog/web site a link to a FLAC/lossless version ? :o
This is a real gem - the vocals sounds natural, and the technique used here (doing some impersonate vocals; reinterpretation before applying the A.I model is the way to do it, Nahuel did a brilliant job; otherwise it does not sound right. It's like taking "It's For You" sung by Cilla Black and applying an A.I model (because it will keep Cilla's intonations and phrase).
Furthermore, the strings and all the arrangement of this song is superb.
I won't dare to say that it sounds more natural and talented than the new Threetles single, but that's my feeling. :oops:
I was familiar with this kind of A.I approach (more like the "final touch", applied at the very last time) with Dae Lims's work on "Smile".
Based to the Get Back sessions where this is buried into a loose jam sessions, it's almost a miracle to discover in the end a complete new McCartney song which could have been on McCartney I.
I knew this Get Back A.I vocal isolation (I even have listened to this song in the past, but the other Beatles don't really follow this song, and there are so many songs Paul had in his head at this time; each morning he came with a masterpiece (remember Peter Jackson's series which perhaps emphasize that (well, perhaps no).

This makes me think of Bookoff Smile (Mike works on a new version after having listening to Dae Lims's amazing Smile version) - Bookoff Smile is available in lossless as well as one new song; check his youtube account for the new song, and his video about the technique using A.I which is basically the same than the one for this McCartney unreleased song gem.

"Bookoff Smile" - Mike LeRoy

This shows how talented are some "real fans" in the community, respectful and with such an imagination and creativity; it's wonderful; if only A.I was on the hands of guys like that!
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

They don't have a web site where we could download the song in FLAC ? :oops: no download link on almostabeatlesong web site and Nahuel who did an amazing job has no web site ?
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

This song, and its production, is top notch. Sadly, I can't listen to it without bawling now...not just because it's a convincing Paul, but because it's so altogether well done. As with the Strawberry Fields Forever cover, it's literally so good, it HURTS.
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Any chance of a re-up please? Many Thanks in advance
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Antonio218 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:39 am Any chance of a re-up please? Many Thanks in advance
Here's a re-up.

To answer the other questions: He's made available in flac an entire album of these, including this track, but in his voice. To my knowledge the Paul AI version is not available in lossless.

hxxps://we.tl/t-dRkYwcoc2z
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

Thank you! I saw this and loved it