Counting down!!!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
firefoxnumber6

Re: Counting down!!! (10 mins to go)

Post by firefoxnumber6 »

Just listerned on Spotify, realy enjoyed it. Waiting for my CD single to arrive now :)
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

I loved it!
My way to celebrate it was to invite a few friends for a live stream on YouTube.
It´s in Portuguese, but, for the record, it´s here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_h5Fn ... 2manml0tLA
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Liked it but not blown away. Sounds to me like Paul and Ringo went into the studio and finished a John Lennon song. Doesn't sound like Beatles to me.
beckman99

Post by beckman99 »

somehow disappointing. in contrast to free and real, this sounds more fragmented to me. doesn‘t sound homogen at all. believe me, I‘d have loved to love it. I expected more musical influence by paul as when they were an active group. weak parts had been filtered through the others. that didn´t happen here.
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

I really like the sound of John's voice.
Ringo is still great!
Paul's slide playing hasn't improved much since "Another Day." His intonation is meh.
I'm glad I lived to hear this. Sweet!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
MeanMrMustard100

Post by MeanMrMustard100 »

I love it. It has it''s good and bad things. Lennon''s voice is great ! A pity that George guitar parts are a bit at the background. Pauls slide part is a nice try but not George his sound.
For not a very strong number i think it is strong now.
So i love it, it has a great sound ! It was worth waiting ! It''s The Beatles !
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

I just listened to the song through the Beatles YouTube channel.
I thought it was really cool and very touching.
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

beckman99 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:03 pm somehow disappointing. in contrast to free and real, this sounds more fragmented to me. doesn‘t sound homogen at all. believe me, I‘d have loved to love it. I expected more musical influence by paul as when they were an active group. weak parts had been filtered through the others. that didn´t happen here.
I agree. I'm happy others are enjoying the song, but it doesn't resonate with me. It's not the kind of material that attracted me to The Beatles in the first place; the raspy rock & roll, the hooky power-pop songs, or the lush ballads. It just kind of plods.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I thought it was pretty wonderful.
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

Mr Bump wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:58 pm Liked it but not blown away. Sounds to me like Paul and Ringo went into the studio and finished a John Lennon song. Doesn't sound like Beatles to me.
The one question I always ask myself in these situations is "Would I be as excited with this song if it was different people in the studio?" I mean, if these were just Jim, Jack, Pete and Mike doing a Beatles mock up, would I like it? The answer is "not very much."