Abracadabra

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
ExDalek

Re: Abracadabra

Post by ExDalek »

Wow! My Lord R. I've literally not been waiting at all and I'm still excited! As a beatleg newbie I have so much from here I have yet to listen to, but after your superb BBC set, Lord Reith stuff goes to the front of the must listen list. I am so glad I found this site!
Lord R. upload day (formerly Thursday) is the best day of the week.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
inglis

Post by inglis »

Fantastic news LR,
THANKS MUCH!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

James carlane3 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm If I may ask, ...How many volumes are there in the completed Set?
Nine. Number nine, number nine, number nine...

5, 8 and 9 I have never shared. The others I've shared several times but have made significant improvements since then. Some of them I just redid completely.

Anyone interested in this should also check out EVOLVER in the remixes section. Lots of interesting mixes there. A few I will use again in Abracadabra, but not all.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ExDalek wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:42 pm Lord R. upload day (formerly Thursday) is the best day of the week.
Yeah, that seems to have become the day for sharing! :)
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

I frequently wonder when the good Lord eats, sleeps, drinks, or whatever. He has supplied us with so much over the years that he surely must never rest...
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

Thank You Sir....Looking Forward to this set!!!
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:27 am
James carlane3 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm If I may ask, ...How many volumes are there in the completed Set?

5, 8 and 9 I have never shared. The others I've shared several times but have made significant improvements since then. Some of them I just redid completely.

Anyone interested in this should also check out EVOLVER in the remixes section. Lots of interesting mixes there. A few I will use again in Abracadabra, but not all.
Fabricio4322

Post by Fabricio4322 »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:27 am

It will be possible to have some of the Please Please Me and With The Beatles songs with the same techniques used in your Do The Splits topic?
Or would it be a kind of separate EP like Dry Baby Dry?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fabricio4322 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:52 amIt will be possible to have some of the Please Please Me and With The Beatles songs with the same techniques used in your Do The Splits topic?
Actually mixerog did a mix like that recently (ish) , so you might ask him for a re-up.

I have done a little bit of that on With The Beatles, but if I did do that in earnest I would probably put them on Evolver as that is more of an experimental project.
scott_c_b

Post by scott_c_b »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:16 am For those who've been waiting for two years, I have just finished Abracadbra Volume 5 (Help!)

See, I got there in the end. :? And it was worth taking the extra effort. It has come out really well. Expect V1 this Thursday, then V5 a month after that.
Very exciting, thanks for all your hard work LR!
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:03 am
Fabricio4322 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:52 amIt will be possible to have some of the Please Please Me and With The Beatles songs with the same techniques used in your Do The Splits topic?
Actually mixerog did a mix like that recently (ish) , so you might ask him for a re-up.

I have done a little bit of that on With The Beatles, but if I did do that in earnest I would probably put them on Evolver as that is more of an experimental project.
A lot of thanks as your work keeps our spirits high under the Siege of Covid.

Regards

ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff