Abracadabra

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
stereoman33

Re: Abracadabra

Post by stereoman33 »

I just love the mix of it won't be long with stereo backing and centered vocals.
If you continue doing the rest of the lp like that it's going to ruin my enjoyment of my stereo lp of "with the beatles"
and I'm lucky enough to have an MFSL test pressing of it!

so in short , thank you !!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

stereoman33 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:14 pm I just love the mix of it won't be long with stereo backing and centered vocals.
If you continue doing the rest of the lp like that it's going to ruin my enjoyment of my stereo lp of "with the beatles"
and I'm lucky enough to have an MFSL test pressing of it!

so in short , thank you !!
Well I still do listen to the twin track stereo version, despite having done the demix so I wouldn't have to. I guess it has a nostalgic quality for me. A lot of us still like the quirkiness of those stereo mixes, even though at times we've all complained about them.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ernesto wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 am Really curious to hear you remix of the Magical Mystery Tour title track.
Those MMT era tracks are driving me mad. Like Revolver, they are very hard to work with. The 5.1 mix is useless because it sounds nothing like the originals, nor do the Yellow Submarine Songtrack mixes.

I have, however, made a nice stereo mix of Baby You're A Rich Man with the right piano sound.
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

Excited to hear it!!!
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:07 am
Ernesto wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 am Really curious to hear you remix of the Magical Mystery Tour title track.
Those MMT era tracks are driving me mad. Like Revolver, they are very hard to work with. The 5.1 mix is useless because it sounds nothing like the originals, nor do the Yellow Submarine Songtrack mixes.

I have, however, made a nice stereo mix of Baby You're A Rich Man with the right piano sound.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

For those who've been waiting for two years, I have just finished Abracadbra Volume 5 (Help!)

See, I got there in the end. :? And it was worth taking the extra effort. It has come out really well. Expect V1 this Thursday, then V5 a month after that.
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!
Lord Reith wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:16 am For those who've been waiting for two years, I have just finished Abracadbra Volume 5 (Help!)

See, I got there in the end. :? And it was worth taking the extra effort. It has come out really well. Expect V1 this Thursday, then V5 a month after that.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

That's exciting news. These mixes are my go-to headphone mixes.
Qwazi

Post by Qwazi »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:16 am For those who've been waiting for two years, I have just finished Abracadbra Volume 5 (Help!)

Fantastic. Continuing my go to collection of all stereo Beatles. Thanks as always LR!!
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

If I may ask, ...How many volumes are there in the completed Set?

jpa

Post by jpa »

Wonderful news - I am so excited!!!