RED AND BLUE ALBUMS CONFIGURATIONS

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: RED AND BLUE ALBUMS CONFIGURATIONS

Post by Lord Reith »

If you click on a user's name it will take you to a page where you can click "add foe". Then that person's posts will not appear in your feed.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
beckman99

Post by beckman99 »

80 euro for a tripple album. man was I naive with my 50 euro guess :)
Last edited by beckman99 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

You know what I reckon: these are so expensive to help pay for the artwork for N&T. That guy aint cheap.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:34 am If you click on a user's name it will take you to a page where you can click "add foe". Then that person's posts will not appear in your feed.
By cripes you’re right! Thanks very much, at last I’m free of all that crap.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

I´ll get the CDs, since it´s the only way to get "Now and then" in the format. The vinyls would only be a luxury I´m not sure I want to afford just to keep them on the shelves.

Except for "She loves you" and "Love me do", I´m not particularly interested in the remixes. I have always been afraid of officially released demixed remixes. Unless it´s for the sake of saving something that would otherwise be lost forever or unless they have some incredible software no one else has heard about or unless they got some recording nobody else has or unless they have some genius mixing engineer doing stuff nobody has never heard about, I don´t see the point, except for marketing purposes. I doubt we´ll see something very different or superior from what we´ve been getting in the forum or even on the official remasters.

"Now and then" is such a big deal; another Red&Blue isn´t. But let´s just celebrate the new tracks. It´s something we have always dreamed about.
ted

Post by ted »

FOX News report/article:

https://tinyurl.com/mu8p69sh
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

Mr Bump wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:59 am Well then I guess every thread will continue to be derailed with prolonged nonsense like "cause there ain't no thing like a chicken wing", and "Officer! I just saw two of me run this-a-way because I thought I went back in time". Great contribution to a discussion.
Just out of curiosity, do you get on to everyone that posts "Thanks" in a thread? Those also don't move the discussion along, yet here we are.

Do I read all of Kwai Chang's posts? No. Do I understand 90% of Kwai Chang's posts? Also no. Is it hurting anyone? For a third time, no.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Normally, I wait to see how much these end up costing over Amazon, DeepDiscount, or other places before I pull the trigger. But screw that, because this is the last Beatles song, and I finally have a chance to get "Red & Blue" on red & blue vinyl, so I'm not wasting time. Overspending? Surely. But this is the last of only three songs that the Beatles produced/will produce as a group in my lifetime, and the original CD issues of Red/Blue were the first CD's I ever owned. For these reasons, I want in on the ground floor. Let them have my money, and let the song be a hit.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

bobzilla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:36 pm
Mr Bump wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:59 am Well then I guess every thread will continue to be derailed with prolonged nonsense like "cause there ain't no thing like a chicken wing", and "Officer! I just saw two of me run this-a-way because I thought I went back in time". Great contribution to a discussion.
Just out of curiosity, do you get on to everyone that posts "Thanks" in a thread? Those also don't move the discussion along, yet here we are.

Do I read all of Kwai Chang's posts? No. Do I understand 90% of Kwai Chang's posts? Also no. Is it hurting anyone? For a third time, no.
No, it’s not hurting anyone but it is spoiling the enjoyment of this site for some of us who find these posts tedious.

However, the position is resolved as per Lord Reith by marking Chang as a ‘Foe’ his posts miraculously disappear into the ether. And it’s a much better experience as a result.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

Hello everyone, I'm going to try to make a small and personal reflection on these two albums. These albums are a reflection of the great quality of the Beatles' music. Nobody has so many classics, real classics. Now with the additions it distorts the original concept of the albums: the best of the best in less than eight years. Of course they are good songs, but most of the additions don't make the grade.
For me, these are the songs that should have been included on the originals and now, of course. Sorry for the mistakes as I write them from memory:

I saw her standing there
Twist and shout
It wont be long
I should have known better (increíble que no esté)
If i feel
Im a loser
No reply (???)
Rain
Tomorrow never knows
Get to get you into my life
For no one (increíble que no esté)
Here, there and everywhere
Taxman (aunque huele a Batman)

Helter Skelter
Birthday
Dear Prudence
I Will
Blackbird
Hey Bulldog

I have included some that are not so well known but are very important because of their later influence. Songs like Helter Skelter and Rain define a musical style. I would also include Golden slumbers/Carry that way/The end for dessert.