NOW AND THEN ALL THE CONFIGURATIONS.

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: NOW AND THEN ALL THE CONFIGURATIONS.

Post by Lord Reith »

PaulsBrokenaGlass wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:36 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:41 am I was going to buy the marble single but they've "sold out" the same day. What'd they press, 10 copies?

They can f*ck off now. I'll download Peter's video and that'll be my copy. Not playing these stupid games.
That's the one I was gonna get but yeah already sold out since yesterday, probably just won't get the single physically now, or see if I can get it at a later time.
I don't get angry very often but that really has pissed me off. What is the point of pressing something in such low numbers that it sells out in less than 24 hours? As a gift to the Ebay resellers? I mean, press enough to give true fans a week to get one, or even ONE FULL DAY. We are people, not chess pieces to be trifled with in some stupid marketing game. If I can't buy the version I want, then I'm not going to buy any of them. No sale.

I like the back cover with the clock, but I only like the front cover as it relates to the blue marble. It just doesn't work with any other colour for me.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Plus from what I understand, no more ATMOS/Blue Ray for this or any future releases.

After the REVOLVER rip-off, I'm definitely done. Back in the USSR for a certain site where 24k runs supreme.

Sorry guys. I would love to buy your stuff, but the Beatle product has become less and less bang for too many bucks and I just can't spit out the dollars for something I really don't want.

Here's hoping NAT lives up to at least half of the hype and expectations.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Added: Have NO fear! You can't create collectables. But, Sotheby's isn't going to grace us with that intelligence!

The artwork in question is symbolic in clever ways...NOW/NEW...but it's been sitting so long that its mass has been affected by gravity and if not now, then WHEN?
As time moves shadows, so appears the heaviness to be in the initial stages of sliding off of this mortal shelving...leaving the suggestion of another 3-2-1 wager on the Craps Table where the players are falling like snake eyes on a pair of die! I-C-U 8-1-2!
And, it just keeps going...
O-N-E...N-E-W...W-O-N...T-W-O...W-H-O...N-E-O...O-N-E...E-N-O...O-W-N...N-W-O...O-N-O...N-O-N...N-O-W...A-N-D...D-N-A...T-H-E...3-2-1...N-N-N
Translated:
Now is then.
Now is now.
It all looks alike...
The message is the same.
Life speaks to life.
Dead things don't speak.
Beatles are eternal.
The Universe is not!
If its new, then its not...
I want cold
But, it's hot?
And if I am wrong
but forgot...
then, maybe I am artificial
TOO!
3-2-1 it has begun
ReImagine and reheat
Just remember that
Nothing is real!
Enjoy it!
Just another day?
That's consistent at least!
If I'm wrong, I'm right
where I belong.
What does it matter?
If Artificial is really new
is THEN really when?
And, we're still only in ARTIFICIAL!
KC

Please forgive a lowly traveler for disturbing the solitude of this sanctuary!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

beatlbay wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:21 amthe Beatle product has become less and less bang for too many bucks and I just can't spit out the dollars for something I really don't want.

Here's hoping NAT lives up to at least half of the hype and expectations.
Yes these releases have become alrmingly expensive. Not all of us are merchant bankers with infinite disposable income. The Beatles are becoming more and more a boutique brand... which is funny when you consider that is how it all started.

On a brighter note, I think N&T will be brilliant. All indicators are that they got it exactly right this time.
Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:27 am Please forgive a lowly traveler for disturbing the solitude of this sanctuary!
You are forgiven, my son.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:27 am Added: Have NO fear! You can't create collectables. But, Sotheby's isn't going to grace us with that intelligence!

The artwork in question is symbolic in clever ways...NOW/NEW...but it's been sitting so long that its mass has been affected by gravity and if not now, then WHEN?
As time moves shadows, so appears the heaviness to be in the initial stages of sliding off of this mortal shelving...leaving the suggestion of another 3-2-1 wager on the Craps Table where the players are falling like snake eyes on a pair of die! I-C-U 8-1-2!
And, it just keeps going...
O-N-E...N-E-W...W-O-N...T-W-O...W-H-O...N-E-O...O-N-E...E-N-O...O-W-N...N-W-O...O-N-O...N-O-N...N-O-W...A-N-D...D-N-A...T-H-E...3-2-1...N-N-N
Translated:
Now is then.
Now is now.
It all looks alike...
The message is the same.
Life speaks to life.
Dead things don't speak.
Beatles are eternal.
The Universe is not!
If its new, then its not...
I want cold
But, it's hot?
And if I am wrong
but forgot...
then, maybe I am artificial
TOO!
3-2-1 it has begun
ReImagine and reheat
Just remember that
Nothing is real!
Enjoy it!
Just another day?
That's consistent at least!
If I'm wrong, I'm right
where I belong.
What does it matter?
If Artificial is really new
is THEN really when?
And, we're still only in ARTIFICIAL!
KC

Please forgive a lowly traveler for disturbing the solitude of this sanctuary!
You are a wise grasshopper!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:41 am You are a wise grasshopper!
A hip cricket?
Hocus pocus locust?
You asked for it! (Please forgive):
Bartender: "Yeah, we gotta drink named after you!"
Grasshopper: "Really? You serve a drink called Larry Evans?"
(...see the grasshopper's name was Larry Evans)
KC
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

That marble single is still available -

hxxps://usastore.thebeatles.com/product ... rble-vinyl
JohnMiller

Post by JohnMiller »

“Now And Then – The Last Beatles Song” Documentary Coming Soon To Disney+

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/now-and-t ... e_vignette
beckman99

Post by beckman99 »

beatlbay wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:21 am Plus from what I understand, no more ATMOS/Blue Ray for this or any future releases.

After the REVOLVER rip-off, I'm definitely done. Back in the USSR for a certain site where 24k runs supreme.

Sorry guys. I would love to buy your stuff, but the Beatle product has become less and less bang for too many bucks and I just can't spit out the dollars for something I really don't want.
revolver deluxe is down to 93 euro on amazon today. I also waited for months and bought it for around 100 euro. its up to you when or if u buy it. btw, the new stones album is 37 euro. also not a bargain, still the beatles win the competition for the lousy cover.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:41 am I was going to buy the marble single but they've "sold out" the same day. What'd they press, 10 copies?

They can f*ck off now. I'll download Peter's video and that'll be my copy. Not playing these stupid games.
I know where you’re coming from. I wanted the black vinyl 12” single of N&T and it was sold out immediately.
Why press in limited quantities when some are buying multiple copies and selling immediately on eBay for huge amounts.