Now And Then (merged threads)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
skynet

Re: Now And Then (merged threads)

Post by skynet »

silvercup67 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:25 pm Is this one really Dolby Atmos?

NOPE, is just a simulation for headphones, a decent component system would not recognize this as Dolby Atmos, and those who still claiming that it "sounds amazing" have no idea, with all due respect being said, i am not trying to hurt anyone feelings but true HD dolby atmos is far far away better than this, similar to other "digital dolby atmos for headphones" released, is just a simulation
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

2024 :mrgreen:

silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

Just in...Now and Then.

Number 1 in UK charts today
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Gotta love the Hoffman forum crowd.

Some person insulted my mixing (and every home-brew mixer) based on zero evidence and me not having whatever Digital Audio Workstation Giles uses. I assume he uses the industry standard ProTools.

OK, everyone here using Audacity stop mixing you are just making garbage according to that person. ;)

I use an old version of "Magix Audio Studio" by the way. Maybe they should rename ProTools to ProFools because you would be a fool to pay a thousand dollars for a plugin. :lol:

It's a shame we can't really post audio there to shut up these people.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:49 pm Gotta love the Hoffman forum crowd.

Some person insulted my mixing (and every home-brew mixer) based on zero evidence and me not having whatever Digital Audio Workstation Giles uses. I assume he uses the industry standard ProTools.

OK, everyone here using Audacity stop mixing you are just making garbage according to that person. ;)

I use an old version of "Magix Audio Studio" by the way. Maybe they should rename ProTools to ProFools because you would be a fool to pay a thousand dollars for a plugin. :lol:

Yeah, the thing is that technology has absolutely nothing to do with a good mix. Norman Smith did a boss mono mix of She Loves You, and what was he using? A stereo tape deck, an 8 channel mixer with basic bass and treble eq, a room with some echo, and two Fairchild compressors. Would it have sounded better if he'd had a DAW with 50,000 EQ plugins? No, of course not.

Also, if I recall rightly George Martin mixed Anthology in analogue using an old 1970s EMI desk, the Abbey Road echo chamber, STEED and an analogue tape deck. Nobody seemed to think he needed anything more for that.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

screw them keep doing what doing
Chris
FilmObscurest

Post by FilmObscurest »

To be fair, there are some really crappy DAWs out there. Ad-filled, only MP3 export, introduce distortion upon export, have hard-coded frequency cutoffs, sound different in-DAW than on export, etc. IDK about Magix, but I've never seen Audacity have those sorts of flaws. (although, careful with the dither on export)

I, myself, have used Mixcraft (kind of like a Windows version of GarageBand) perfectly well for years. Can export as FLAC & well into 192/24 range if I wanted.

A good mix is a good mix regardless of DAW. But, depending on the handicaps, it could come out like The Beach Boys' "Do It Again." (which became a hit, after all) But is a lo-fi mess. No wonder an audiophile forum would be a stickler for such things.

What you really should've done is share things with them without telling what your DAW was; and then after the praise shock them with the truth! :lol:
Track06

Post by Track06 »

I finally figured out once Paul must have asked Klaus for advice on who could to some artwork. Klaus recommended Ruscha, hoping for his daughter getting the job.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

I listened to the full song and enjoyed it! They did a fine job.
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

Update...Now and Then will enter the Billboard hot 100 at #7 tomorrow
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.