Now And Then (merged threads)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
MeanMrMustard100

Re: Now And Then (merged threads)

Post by MeanMrMustard100 »

astronaut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:17 am in case you haven't read it, here is a short chronology of the events leading up to the imminent release of Now and Then
Nice research !

Very interesting ! I wonder what Sean Lennon did with Johns vocal. Did he deliver a better source from Now And Then or did he use AI himself. I did it long time before Now And Then was released myself too. At that point i hoped and wondered if we ever hear The Beatles version. (Not knowing they were working on it !)

Also interesting it was Paul who decided to cut ' " I don''t want to loose you'" part. It is still there, but without Johns vocals. George is there too. You can hear his isolated guitar part on youtube.
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

MeanMrMustard100 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:00 am
astronaut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:17 am in case you haven't read it, here is a short chronology of the events leading up to the imminent release of Now and Then
Nice research !

Very interesting ! I wonder what Sean Lennon did with Johns vocal. Did he deliver a better source from Now And Then
Yes, I think Giles or Peter Jackson mentioned that Sean found a better copy.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yeah in the podcast PJ said he phoned Sean (as you do) and asked him to find the original cassette and (this is what really impressed me) even asked him if it said "For Paul" on the front (it didn't, of course).
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

I continue to assume that the cassette that Yoko initially gave Paul was a dub of the four songs she offered him, with her own writing on it saying, "For Paul". It just makes sense.
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

Reading the timeline and seeing that the track was originally intended for release in October....makes me wonder if the delay was because The Stones had their "Angry" single out at the time, and album "Hackney Diamonds" imminent....resurrecting the old 60's "agreement" that they would avoid release clashes.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

dascottjr wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:22 pm I continue to assume that the cassette that Yoko initially gave Paul was a dub of the four songs she offered him, with her own writing on it saying, "For Paul". It just makes sense.
for Paul... SIMON :P
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

MP3J wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:09 pm Reading the timeline and seeing that the track was originally intended for release in October....makes me wonder if the delay was because The Stones had their "Angry" single out at the time, and album "Hackney Diamonds" imminent....resurrecting the old 60's "agreement" that they would avoid release clashes.
I've always thought it was because of Taylor Swift announcing her album the same week
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

astronaut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:24 pm

I've always thought it was because of Taylor Swift announcing her album the same week
That would make more modern sense :)
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

MP3J wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:09 pm Reading the timeline and seeing that the track was originally intended for release in October....makes me wonder if the delay was because The Stones had their "Angry" single out at the time, and album "Hackney Diamonds" imminent....resurrecting the old 60's "agreement" that they would avoid release clashes.
Maybe they found out Sean has a better copy at that time. They worked on the new copy only on January 2023.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

miggynav wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:36 pm
Maybe they found out Sean has a better copy at that time. They worked on the new copy only on January 2023.
According to the article the last mix is ​​from July 4, 2023