Now And Then (merged threads)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
theboxinargentina

Now And Then (merged threads)

Post by theboxinargentina »

Have a listen!
Last edited by theboxinargentina on Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theboxinargentina

Now And Then - Penn Jillette Has Heard It

Some on SHF are doubting what he says about Paul de-aging himself on Now And Then, personally I think it's likely true.
Last edited by theboxinargentina on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
theboxinargentina

Re: Now And Then - Penn Jillette Has Heard It

If the Red and Blues really have been remixed to go further than previous remixes with "five tracks of drums" - color me excited!
Last edited by theboxinargentina on Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Didn't Paul and George record their vocals in 1995 though?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
theboxinargentina

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:36 pm Didn't Paul and George record their vocals in 1995 though?
What we know for sure is what Jillette is saying, and I'm inclined to believe him. I don't know why he would make it up.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

If he did de-age himself with Sovits, then I think he may end up regretting it. He'd get a hell of a lot of flak from some fans for that. For a lot of people that'd be a line in the sand. Even worse if they try to pretend that the vocals were really recorded in 1995 - the guys with the spectrograms would out any such deception within days.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
theboxinargentina

The comments I've seen on Sovits based YouTube videos are pretty overwhelmingly positive. My guess is, so will the comments be on the YouTube posting of the "Now And Then" video. It's easy to forget that sites like this, and especially the SHF, are not at all in step with the mainstream.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

theboxinargentina wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:38 pm What we know for sure is what Jillette is saying, and I'm inclined to believe him. I don't know why he would make it up.
All we know is that Giles Martin told Jillette X... but we don't know that Giles necessarily told Jillette the truth. After all, wasn't it Giles who wanted people to believe that the a "Sie Lieb Dicht" backing track he played at a public event a few years ago was really the "She Loves You" basic take.

Question: Jillette mentions that the Lennon's "Now and Then" original piano demo was marred with the sounds of a television broadcast he was watching during its recording. Is that true? I just listened casually to the "Now and Then" on HMC's "At Home" set... and I couldn't make out a television on that track. So immediately, I'm inclined to question the truthfulness of everything Jillette said.

[Of course, it's possible that Giles & Co were working off a different recording...]
evenswr

Post by evenswr »

theboxinargentina wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:38 pmWhat we know for sure is what Jillette is saying, and I'm inclined to believe him. I don't know why he would make it up.
I'm inclined to believe him generally, but I have no reason to think that every word of what he said is correct. You don't have to be lying to be mistaken.
theboxinargentina

evenswr wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:53 pm I'm inclined to believe him generally, but I have no reason to think that every word of what he said is correct. You don't have to be lying to be mistaken.
Some of it is obviously mistaken. And I agree.