The Beatles in Color Vol 4 (Valkyrie VAL-098)

20YearsAgo

The Beatles in Color Vol 4 (Valkyrie VAL-098)

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Valkyrie's efforts at colorizing old black-and-white footage are getting better. This isn't nearly as pathetic as their earlier attempts. The colors are more accurate here, but, well... somehow Valkryie managed to make the Beatles' hair look plastic like that you might find on the heads of toy Lego people. Plus, their faces are often red or orange. Plus... well...

- Valkyrie's colorization doesn't begin until a few seconds into each clip. FWIW, this is one aspect my wife liked. She thought this gave it a Wizard of Oz feel.

- The cover blurb states that "first time ever!" that these clips have been "colorized" for the "first time ever!" That's a flat-out lie. Valkyrie released earlier colorized (and inferior) versions of most (all?) these clips in their previous "in color" volumes.

- Also, why couldn't they have properly identified the two "1964 U.S. Tour" tracks? FWIW, track 16 is from the Hollywood Bowl and track 17 is from Philadelphia (though the last shot with the lighting bank or speaker stacks to the right of John might be from elsewhere)
4 front.jpg
4 front.jpg (464.42 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
4 back.jpg
4 back.jpg (275.16 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
hxxps://easyupload.io/de4fcs
Last edited by 20YearsAgo on Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrbeatleg

Re: The Beatles in Color Vol 4 (Valkyrie VAL-098)

Post by Mrbeatleg »

thank you!
MUR

Post by MUR »

Thanks, 20YearsAgo ! Superb. Now only left to find brand new VAL-102 as for now.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
veejay

Post by veejay »

Thank you 20YearsAgo!
davetuba

Post by davetuba »

Thank you!
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:40 pm Valkyrie's efforts at colorizing old black-and-white footage is getting better. This isn't nearly as pathetic as their earlier attempts. The colors are more accurate here, but, well... somehow Valkryie managed to make the Beatles' hair look plastic like that you might find on the heads of toy Lego people. Plus, their faces are often red or orange. Plus... well...

- Valkyrie's colorization doesn't begin until a few seconds into each clip. FWIW, this is one aspect my wife liked. She thought this gave it a Wizard of Oz feel.

- The cover blurb states that "first time ever!" that these clips have been "colorized" for the "first time ever!" That's a flat-out lie. Valkyrie released earlier colorized (and inferior) versions of most (all?) these clips in their previous "in color" volumes.

- Also, why couldn't they have properly identified the two "1964 U.S. Tour" tracks? FWIW, track 16 is from the Hollywood Bowl and track 17 is from Philadelphia (though the last shot with the lighting bank or speaker stacks to the right of John might be from elsewhere)

4 front.jpg
4 back.jpg

hxxps://easyupload.io/de4fcs
Just to be clear, to you and others, These colorziations are mine, I colorized EVERY single one of these videos, Valkyrie or whoever has absoutly nothing to do with them, they were uplaoded on my youtube, and he downloaded them and put them on a DVD, lol he could have Dm'd me and gotten the raw, uncompressed files, but these are minor details. He added some grain and put a neon filter over many of the videos. He also re-uspcaled them, which gives the lego effect to the hair, though to be fair, some of these colorizations were upcaled poorly by me, some being 1-2 years old (we all make mistakes!)

Just be clear, don't any negative feeling towards you for downloading this DVD or anyone else, I do have a bit of resentment towards Valkyrie for attempting to profit from my FREE "work" without even giving me credit, but whatever.

If you guys have any questions about the editing, audio choice, cholor choice..etc, ask me.

P.S glad your wife enjoyed the build up, as in the colors popping in sometimes with the music at the start, I always thought it gives it some energy.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Thanks for sharing.
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much 20YearsAgo :)
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

silver_2000 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:20 pm Just to be clear, to you and others, These colorziations are mine, I colorized EVERY single one of these videos, Valkyrie or whoever has absoutly nothing to do with them, they were uplaoded on my youtube, and he downloaded them and put them on a DVD, lol he could have Dm'd me and gotten the raw, uncompressed files, but these are minor details. He added some grain and put a neon filter over many of the videos. He also re-uspcaled them, which gives the lego effect to the hair, though to be fair, some of these colorizations were upcaled poorly by me, some being 1-2 years old (we all make mistakes!)

Just be clear, don't any negative feeling towards you for downloading this DVD or anyone else, I do have a bit of resentment towards Valkyrie for attempting to profit from my FREE "work" without even giving me credit, but whatever.

If you guys have any questions about the editing, audio choice, cholor choice..etc, ask me.

P.S glad your wife enjoyed the build up, as in the colors popping in sometimes with the music at the start, I always thought it gives it some energy.
Many apologies. I did not realize that Valkyrie was pirating your material. Nor did I mean to offend you in any way. Indeed, I've been consistently amazed by the quality of work you've posted here.

The processing techniques Valkyrie made to your YouTube videos did not in any way improve them. I was going to mention the graininess of many of these. I thought that would've been because they were working with poor source material (inferior kinescopes or whatever).
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:56 pm
silver_2000 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:20 pm Just to be clear, to you and others, These colorziations are mine, I colorized EVERY single one of these videos, Valkyrie or whoever has absoutly nothing to do with them, they were uplaoded on my youtube, and he downloaded them and put them on a DVD, lol he could have Dm'd me and gotten the raw, uncompressed files, but these are minor details. He added some grain and put a neon filter over many of the videos. He also re-uspcaled them, which gives the lego effect to the hair, though to be fair, some of these colorizations were upcaled poorly by me, some being 1-2 years old (we all make mistakes!)

Many apologies. I did not realize that Valkyrie was pirating your material. Nor did I mean to offend you in any way. Indeed, I've been consistently amazed by the quality of work you've posted here.

The processing techniques Valkyrie made to your YouTube videos did not in any way improve them. I was going to mention the graininess of many of these. I thought that would've been because they were working with poor source material (inferior kinescopes or whatever).
As I said, no problem! Got no reason to apologize! We're all good!