Red and blue Christmas ???

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
WOA76

Red and blue Christmas ???

Post by WOA76 »

Beatles Red and Blue maybe Christmas ?
Last edited by WOA76 on Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chris
Fast lucky

Re: Now and Then postponed by Disney?

Post by Fast lucky »

I've read a release could be on the 10th of November ... Now Red and Blue, including Now And Then or not is another question.
Lord Reith

Re: Red and blue Christmas ???

Post by Lord Reith »

From what Mike says on SHF, I interpret it as:

- Red and Blue on 6 disc standard vinyl, limited edition from Apple store only

- Red and Blue on 6 disc coloured vinyl, limited edition from Apple store only

- Red and Blue on 4 cds, available everywhere but only for a limited time

Also I have gleaned ...

- Now And then is part of the new R&B, but not the other two Threetles songs

- The new songs are worked in chronologically

- There are new remixes of some tracks, but in the same vein as the 1+ remixes. No demixing used. Some are in mono.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Tex

Post by Tex »

Why would they not use some demixing at least where it won't degrade the sound? Odd.

Will they fix the previous mixing goofs on "Eight Days A Week", "Ballad of John and Yoko" and "Come Together"?

Will they make centered drums mixes of "Help!" and "Ticket to Ride"? Will they use the pre-bounce tape of "Help!"? Furmanek did.

Will they mix the "Pepper" tracks to sound closer to the the originals and not the bizarre DE remixes?

We shall see...
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

Seems too late to really get the Xmas $$.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:05 pm From what Mike says on SHF, I interpret it as:

- Red and Blue on 6 disc standard vinyl, limited edition from Apple store only

- Red and Blue on 6 disc coloured vinyl, limited edition from Apple store only

- Red and Blue on 4 cds, available everywhere but only for a limited time

Also I have gleaned ...

- Now And then is part of the new R&B, but not the other two Threetles songs

- The new songs are worked in chronologically

- There are new remixes of some tracks, but in the same vein as the 1+ remixes. No demixing used. Some are in mono.
Dear God....WHY Mono????? They have the technology....use it!!!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Oh I forgot, Mike said there were two other "limited edition" releases of the single sets, I presume in cd format.

As for them not being demixes... maybe they are only doing that for the SDEs (expense?) You know, keeping it as a selling point for future sets. Or maybe it would have been too major an undertaking - too much material, too little time and budget. Which I can understand. I've always said if you can't do something properly, don't do it at all (for fan remixes that doesn't apply so much).

Thinking back, I can't bring to mind a single instance of where reliable sources said the other tracks were being demixed. I think the assumption was that if it has been used on N&T it would be used on the rest. But that doesn't necessarily follow. Another case of people (me included) running away with a fanciful notion.

I think they will probably still sound "updated" but similar to the various remixes on the blurays (which people tend to praise anyway so probably not as big a problem with that among "normal" preople).

Honestly, it would have been better if we'd never heard about this in the first place. It has just led to all sorts of crazy rumours and misinformation for what is probably just meant to be a second-tier rerelease of an old classic. It's not going to be one for the hardcore fans, it's going to be one for the general public to stick in their Christmas sock.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

I'm annoyed at the thought that they wouldn't include FAAB and RL with N&T. Other than on the Anthology sets, they don't seem to have a proper home in the discography, which IMHO shouldn't be the case at all!
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

The idea that there are different running orders depending on format is not appealing
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

DrRobert wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:32 pm The idea that there are different running orders depending on format is not appealing
Very odd but i think what must ahve happened is that they saw the negative reaction to the set not being chronological and changed the cd sets accordingly (maybe accounting for the delay). Too late for the vinyl though, which would have been pressed months ago. I can't think of any other reason why the two formats would have different running orders.