Ingrid - short film

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
fabwill

Re: Ingrid - short film

Post by fabwill »

BDJ wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:44 am
BeatleG wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:25 pm
BDJ wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:01 am There are lies, big lies, and then there's Bard. Not a word is true in Bard's information.
My apologies for being the purveyor of misinformation and that is likely the case, though you are accusing Bard of lying rather than having it just been wrong. Upon further research, there are various references to Ingrid Pedersen being the half sister of Lennon, or at least she was claiming to have been, but I found nothing about her being connected with the short film from other sources. I learned a lesson I should already have learned, that you certainly cannot take Bard's statements as accurate. I have seen it make mistakes before and I will not again reproduce anything he says as a fact (though I didn't say it was a fact), especially without other sources backing up the AI guy. Just the other day, I thought it was amusing that Bard provided a review of Ringo's new EP, giving it the proverbial thumbs up. But at the end of the review it admitted hadn't had actually had the opportunity yet to listen to the full EP.

Again, I'm sorry for what I shared. I should have at least made it clear that I had nothing to back it up.

geo
No need to apologise. You mentioned your source (Bard), and I have been fooled by Bard several times. That is why I now always check Bard's statements.

Funny thing is that I entered your question ("connection between Beatles and a film 'Ingrid'") to Bard, and received the following reply: "I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find any direct connection between the Beatles and the short film “Ingrid” in the search results."
Bard, like other AIs, seems to generate text that is very plausible, but peppered with facts that are utter BS. Like a slippery politician.
C90

Post by C90 »

I see that the press cuttings which mention the Ingrid film are all from 1969, so presumably the film was a post-MMT project, added to the package because of its Beatles soundtrack when MMT was redistributed later.

Ingrid Boulting was/is related to the Boulting Brothers film makers, so was moving in the movie world circles from an early age. Her IMDB entry shows acting work dating back to 1966 (an uncredited schoolgirl in the Great St Trinians Train Robbery!)
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0099588/

But annoyingly, no mention of a short film 'Ingrid' from the late 60s! BUT we learn that she used a stage name of Ingrid Brett, and googling that name and Beatles I found this - a photo showing her in the company of Paul McCartney in 1966
http://www.meetthebeatlesforreal.com/20 ... yllas.html

Further digging using the title 'Ingrid A Day In The Life' and I found that there was such a film, and it dates from 1970 (surprising, since the cuttings about it are from 1968?!)
https://collections-search.bfi.org.uk/w ... /150645279

Alas, I can't find any videos of this online, But, this may be of interest, a youtube music video posted 7 years ago showing Ms Boulting then and now. And what a marvellous advert for the powers of yoga it is! :mrgreen:
General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

There are a couple of 16mm collectors pages on Facebook.

Might be worth joining there to ask. Those members will have old catalogues, listings and all kinds of things.

Just a thought.

GP
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

BeatleG wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:25 pm My apologies for being the purveyor of misinformation and that is likely the case, though you are accusing Bard of lying rather than having it just been wrong.
Not necessarily: as it pulls from whatever sources it came across, it can simply perpetuate lies unknowingly. That still makes the information deceitful, just not by Bard (the medium). The bigger issue here is that you would assume the information to be truthful even though AI's have a terrible reputation in that regard. It's like taking word from a gossiping neighbour and then debate wether he/she deliberately lied or unknowingly shared a lie from someone else. The actual problem lies with taking word from gossip in the first place, not the specific reasons for the neighbour to tell them.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Bring back Lancelot Link: SECRET CHIMP!<-----(Saturday Morning Par Excellance!)
Based on the grammatical structure that repeated the opening line in three different variations,
all similar yet NOT verbatim...Bard is either three people or a very fluent chimp!
Jimmy Dean will now sing Big Bad Bard!
"...and if you spoke at all, you just said OOOooo-OOOooo AAAaaahhh to Big Bard"!
KC

I've heard that a hungry monkey won't dance! Change the channel
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Regarding AI - from the Velvet Forum:

"Note that there are currently at least 4 AI-generated Lou Reed bios on Amazon:

LOU REED : The Legacy of a Rock Legend- A Transformative Rock Icon
("Here are some of the things that you will learn from this book: How Reed's early life and experiences shaped his music, etc.)

Lou Reed: Chords of Innovation, Lyrics of Liberation: A Concise Biography
("Get ready to be captivated by the chords of innovation and lyrics of liberation.")

BIOGRAPHY OF LOU REED : The Tremendous Power Of Willingness
(" Prepare to be inspired, entertained, and educated. Buy today and immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Lou Reed! Order your copy immediately so you don't miss out!"

Sonic Rebel: The Unveiled Story Of Lou Reed
(" Don't miss your chance to explore the enigmatic world of Lou Reed – click 'Buy Now' and dive in!")

And even more egregious - someone put out a summary of Will Hermes' book:
Summary of Lou Reed: The King of New York (The Reader's Shelf) Paperback – October 8, 2023
("This outline has been approximately created nailing down the fundamental central issues and realities, and summoned to assist developing comprehension you might interpret the book. Click on the "BUY NOW BUTTON" to get a copy")"
:lol: :lol: :lol: