Ingrid - short film

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
BeatleG

Re: Ingrid - short film

Post by BeatleG »

I asked Bard:

What is the connection between the Beatles and the short film Ingrid?

The short film Ingrid is named after Ingrid Pedersen, the half-sister of John Lennon. The film was released in 1974 and features music from the Beatles. It is a fictional story about a young woman named Ingrid who is struggling to come to terms with her identity and her place in the world.

The film was directed by Peter Foldy and stars Susan Tyrrell in the title role. Tyrrell was a critically acclaimed actress who was known for her roles in films such as Fat City (1972) and Cry-Baby (1990). She was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Fat City.

The film Ingrid was shot in New York City and was produced by New Line Cinema, which was a small independent film company at the time. The film was not a commercial success, but it was critically well-received. Tyrrell's performance was particularly praised, and she won the Silver Bear for Best Actress at the 24th Berlin International Film Festival.

The film Ingrid is a unique and interesting film that explores themes of identity, alienation, and belonging. It is also a valuable piece of Beatles memorabilia, as it features music from the band and is named after John Lennon's half-sister.

Connection between the Beatles and the short film Ingrid

The connection between the Beatles and the short film Ingrid is the film's title and its use of Beatles music. The film is named after Ingrid Pedersen, the half-sister of John Lennon. The film also features music from the Beatles, including the songs "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)", "In My Life", and "A Day in the Life".

The use of Beatles music in the film is significant for several reasons. First, it is a nod to the band's popularity and influence. Second, the songs that are featured in the film all have a melancholic and introspective tone, which matches the film's mood and themes. Third, the use of Beatles music helps to connect the film to the Beatles and their legacy.

Overall, the connection between the Beatles and the short film Ingrid is relatively minor, but it is still significant. The film's title and its use of Beatles music help to connect the film to the band and their legacy.
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

There are lies, big lies, and then there's Bard. Not a word is true in Bard's information.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

If newspapers ran copy where the the film is reviewed, mentioned, or advertised as the other half of a double feature, I DO NOT have any memory of the word INGRID being printed on the MMT jacket, record, label, booklet, dialogue, or EVER mentioned in any Beatles book! I would like to know why Roy Carr has never mentioned her? How about M.L.??? Then, I'll pretend that Victor Spinetti was a military commander STILL in search of something to make Americans laugh. An embroidered bowling league shirt "INGRID" would haver been perfect West Malling fodder! Or he could have played Ringo's Aunt INGRID! In B&W it might have been!
Whoever she is, tell her I didn't say 'hi'!
Thanks,
KC
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dawkXIlJJi

Found this dead link on Google. According to Google the full name of the film is Ingrid (A Day In The Life). No mention of Peter Foldy anywhere or New Line Cinema.
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

Not much info.

hxxps://collections-search.bfi.org.uk/web/Details/ChoiceFilmWorks/150645279
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
BeatleG

Post by BeatleG »

BDJ wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:01 am There are lies, big lies, and then there's Bard. Not a word is true in Bard's information.
My apologies for being the purveyor of misinformation and that is likely the case, though you are accusing Bard of lying rather than having it just been wrong. Upon further research, there are various references to Ingrid Pedersen being the half sister of Lennon, or at least she was claiming to have been, but I found nothing about her being connected with the short film from other sources. I learned a lesson I should already have learned, that you certainly cannot take Bard's statements as accurate. I have seen it make mistakes before and I will not again reproduce anything he says as a fact (though I didn't say it was a fact), especially without other sources backing up the AI guy. Just the other day, I thought it was amusing that Bard provided a review of Ringo's new EP, giving it the proverbial thumbs up. But at the end of the review it admitted hadn't had actually had the opportunity yet to listen to the full EP.

Again, I'm sorry for what I shared. I should have at least made it clear that I had nothing to back it up.

geo
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

Interesting. I sent her a message via her website asking if she could confirm and has any details about the film.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Or, like Snopes?<-----(Bard)
Useless in function. Snever help...only compound! How long before smart cars refuse to be towed? Re: INGRID
The Next Time You Feel An Ingrid b/w That's My Wife And My Fred...
Call the Netherlands! Purple Chick may have heard of her!
Let's be honest! ANY Beatles connection to INGRID is tenuous at best.
Did John really have a half sister named Norwegian Would In My Day In The Life?
And she endured a daily struggle about being partially related to a Beatle in a plot that lasts 10 minutes that is 9:59 Beatles Songs and 0:01 Nitrogen/Oxygen with Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds as an alternate!
I'm not convinced.
I want a second opinionsohn!
Thank you!
KC
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

If you look at the link I provided, it's Ingrid Boulting, a South African actress/model, not Pedersen.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

BeatleG wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:25 pm
BDJ wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:01 am There are lies, big lies, and then there's Bard. Not a word is true in Bard's information.
My apologies for being the purveyor of misinformation and that is likely the case, though you are accusing Bard of lying rather than having it just been wrong. Upon further research, there are various references to Ingrid Pedersen being the half sister of Lennon, or at least she was claiming to have been, but I found nothing about her being connected with the short film from other sources. I learned a lesson I should already have learned, that you certainly cannot take Bard's statements as accurate. I have seen it make mistakes before and I will not again reproduce anything he says as a fact (though I didn't say it was a fact), especially without other sources backing up the AI guy. Just the other day, I thought it was amusing that Bard provided a review of Ringo's new EP, giving it the proverbial thumbs up. But at the end of the review it admitted hadn't had actually had the opportunity yet to listen to the full EP.

Again, I'm sorry for what I shared. I should have at least made it clear that I had nothing to back it up.

geo
No need to apologise. You mentioned your source (Bard), and I have been fooled by Bard several times. That is why I now always check Bard's statements.

Funny thing is that I entered your question ("connection between Beatles and a film 'Ingrid'") to Bard, and received the following reply: "I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find any direct connection between the Beatles and the short film “Ingrid” in the search results."