Joh Lennon - Mind Games Ultimate Collection 2024

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
PaulsBrokenaGlass

Re: Joh Lennon - Mind Games Ultimate Collection 2024

Post by PaulsBrokenaGlass »

Very excited for this, here's hoping it actually materialises, lol.
Rupert Pupkin

Re: Joh Lennon - Mind Games Ultimate Collection 2024

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

About "Out Of The Blue", Ken Asher seems to remember suddenly that John played to him on piano the melody of the song and that's Ken Asher who actually plays the acoustic guitar in finger picking (I always thought that the intro was really hard and I don't say that John could not have played it, but apparently Ken played this acoustic guitar). He also says that he couldn't play it like that today.
There are several piano demo around (Intuition with his medley "the dream is over"/"how?"). I'm not sure if a piano demo of "Out Of the Blue" is around; perhaps not a home demo; but perhaps there are in the outtakes a kind of studio demo (like we got for Isolation) where John would play Out Of The Blue on piano. Perhaps he plays the organ ?
There are two versions without the guitar pedal steel (rough mixes) with an extended coda around.
I doubt that John played piano on this song, because the coda is too difficult to have been played by Lennon. Thus I suppose that it's Ken Asher on piano too.
Perhaps John is just strumming acoustic guitar ? Or a buried "in the mix" piano ?