Chains, Song Extension

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Ronson

Chains, Song Extension

Post by Ronson »

I've always liked the harmony at the tail end of "Chains" and I was wondering if the song has ever been released without the fade, in bootleg or official form. I looked around a bit yesterday and didn't see it anywhere.
Rickenbacker325

Re: Chains, Song Extension

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

My non professional opinion..which means nothing…is that the fade was done “on the fly” as they recorded it…but Chains…Boys..etc are all on the session tape that is presumably lost so a definitive answer will probably never be known
Tex

Post by Tex »

I did a fake ending to "Baby It's You'" by amplifying the fade out and tacking on the end chord of a song from "With the Beatles". Unfortunately I can not find it anymore.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The versions recorded for the BBC have the ending. Bizarre that they would cut it off as it's a great ending.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:52 pm I did a fake ending to "Baby It's You'" by amplifying the fade out and tacking on the end chord of a song from "With the Beatles". Unfortunately I can not find it anymore.
I did a more cheesy version of that. I cranked up the fade to get the final "Chains" harmony, and then just edited the normal fade back on after that.
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:11 pm The versions recorded for the BBC have the ending. Bizarre that they would cut it off as it's a great ending.
I found one of those so I now know how they ended it in concert, but the sound quality on what I heard was pretty bad.