What audio player do you use on your PC?

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
bobzilla

Re: What audio player do you use on your PC?

Post by bobzilla »

For those of you that use VLC, if you've had issues with flac files being stuttery/jerky, that is fixed in version 4.0. It isn't out yet as a stable build, but you can install one of the nightly builds for now and it will fix the issue until the official 4.0 is released. https://nightlies.videolan.org/
Beatlesiak

Post by Beatlesiak »

Since years ago, when I switched from poor quality: mp3 to the lossless and HD audio formats, AIMP is definitely the most efficient, the most functional, the most stable, and the most technically and visually refined. Something more? Best of the best in the World.
For

Post by For »

Another VLC fan here!
Golem

Post by Golem »

I use plexamp
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

bobzilla wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:28 pm For those of you that use VLC, if you've had issues with flac files being stuttery/jerky, that is fixed in version 4.0. It isn't out yet as a stable build, but you can install one of the nightly builds for now and it will fix the issue until the official 4.0 is released. https://nightlies.videolan.org/
Thanks for that, been scratching my head trying to work out what was wrong!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Media Player Lite
is great for video files it can give you heaps of specs on the file too. Good as a audio file player.
Never worried about it but not sure if there's a setting to play multiple files otherwise I just hit the next button.
recordroman

Post by recordroman »

BeatleG wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:48 am JRiver Media Center is a wonderful program. Lots of bells and whistles, Also, I'm not an audiophile but it's touted as processing high quality sound. I also use it to play movies. One feature is that for many songs it will display the lyrics. There's a feature called "Spotlight" that lets you highlight an artist and a window comes up with various albums by the artist and the ones you have are displayed with a play button. My main playlist has over 350k tracks and they are easily sorted in a variety of ways including name of song, artists, bit rate, and file type. It has TV, Cloudplay, Streaming, etc. There are remote features via Internet but I never have set it up for that. Hover over a movie and it takes you to the DVD cover and provides a synopsis, cast, director, etc. The features of JRiver are too numerous to list here. I think the player cost $40 or $50 or so. I buy an upgrade every couple of years (for $20 or $25 or so) for new features and to support the company/programmers.

geo
In addition to playback, excellent for ripping and auto tagging.
JosRem

Post by JosRem »

On my iMac and my MacBook I have both Piezo and AudioHijack for any recording (from Rogue Amoeba). For editing and export I use Sound Studio (from Felttip via Apple Store). I don’t need more. Check Internet for reviews.
Egg_Crisis

Post by Egg_Crisis »

Winamp 2.95 (the later versions are bloat) for audio and Media Player Classic for video (and VLC as a standby for the occasional file MPC won't play.)
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Egg_Crisis wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:24 am Winamp 2.95 (the later versions are bloat) for audio and Media Player Classic for video (and VLC as a standby for the occasional file MPC won't play.)
I just looked up my version number and it's 5.8 build #3660 (x86) from 2018. It's never given me a problem. Stay with what works. It must have upgraded itself after one too many hard drive crashes years ago. I've read about later builds being all full of bloat, but this one seems to work just fine. It's collected to the 7,000 audio and video files in my database. One click, it plays.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.