Any advice for a Covid sufferer?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Ziggy C

Re: Any advice for a Covid sufferer?

Post by Ziggy C »

My Dad, who has been fully vaccinated since the vaccine became available, has had COVID twice now. Thankfully, the vaccine made it "less severe" than it would have been without. He sounded god-awful. Was clearly not comfortable. Both times, his doctor prescribed a cough-expectorant, and ciprofloxacin (an antibiotic.) As my dad has asthma, I also suggested he use his inhaler when needed. Both times, my dad was over it in about a week and tested negative in about 10 days. Saw him for dinner last night. He's doing great.

To bring back the sense of smell and taste after the second bout, he was going to try the burnt orange hack. No word on whether he tried it, or if it worked for him. I've read that's only a hack with no supporting scientific evidence. There's also something called smell-training which you can look up. That makes more sense (pun intended.)

The advice I would give: sleep a lot. Shut off the world.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I've just had it, was worse this 2nd time around but didn't last as long. 3 days of feeling like death, bones like ice cubes one hour then sweating like a pig the next, headache like I had my head in a vice and a throat full of razor blades. Lasted about a week in all from start to finish, starting with a cough and finishing with the same. Just come out the other side and feeling like normal again 7 days after it started. I feel for you, it's rank!

A good thing to take is those Orange flavoured Berocca tablets that you dissolve in water. Full of vitamins. Worth getting some of them, helped more than any ibuprofen or paracetamol I took!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:40 am As you may or may not know I have had Covid since Saturday. I'm constantly either freezing cold or drenched in sweat. I can't eat anything else other than fruit and veg because it all tastes like rubber.

Now I know i could google it, but the net is overwhelmed with "official" advice and everyone else's opinion has been quietly ignored. So I'm asking: what worked for you? Did you find any strategy to cope?

All advice welcome...
Hope things are better this all i say

I had it before it was know what was the job at nearly 40-40 people out and felt like worst flu when I was kid I went through same feeeling

Sadly all say I watch everything not in Ages Beatles cartoon RockShow about 5 times hehe and just kept my mind off it till I had deal with it.....

In time moving didnt hurt even put glass to my mouth hurt picking it up moving my arm put glass my lips drinking all hurt

I hope this helps little and hope todays bettter sir
Chris
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Lord Reith,
I am sorry to have read that you got COVID-19.
I hope you fell better ASAP!!
Mike
Grackleflint

Post by Grackleflint »

I had it last summer, (caught it at a Jimmy Buffett concert) just like a bad, bad flu and I was really tired, like a brain fog, lasted about 3 days. I tried some over the counter meds, but they didn't seem to do anything. Hoping for you to have a quick recovery.
blackcatbone

Post by blackcatbone »

Vitamin D and Zinc. Works wonders for your immune system. Avoid the untested jab at all costs.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Wow, thanks for all the advice. I haven't lost my sense of smell or taste completely but I find I have little to no appetite. I have just taken to eating fruit because it's the only thing I can stand and it has some vitamins.

The info about honey is interesting. I had no idea about that. I must look into that.

I have some peppermint oil and just had a sniff of that. I can still smell it although it is not as strong or pleasant as usual.
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:08 pm I've just had it, was worse this 2nd time around but didn't last as long. 3 days of feeling like death, bones like ice cubes one hour then sweating like a pig the next, headache like I had my head in a vice and a throat full of razor blades. Lasted about a week in all from start to finish, starting with a cough and finishing with the same. Just come out the other side and feeling like normal again 7 days after it started. I feel for you, it's rank!
This is 100% identical to what I have been experiencing and I think it must be the same strain. Hope it craps out in 7 days like yours. I'm sick of feeling sick!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Just make sure to monitor your health very closely afterwards. No matter how long and hard (or vce versa) one could have it, the frigging thing is able to invoke a major havoc on the body. Like, check out how your shit looks, the more often the better (no joke).
joguema

Post by joguema »

My wife and I had it although we both have received several jabs.
We immediately got PAXLOVIT from our family doctor and had nearly no problems like described by others.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I am still coughing and have a stuffy nose. And, geez, I have slept like I have never slept in my life. Usually I sleep 6 hours, no more. But the last few days I've been out for 9, 10 hours every night. And i'm still tired when I wake up. I feel sort of dazed all the time.

Totally sick of it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene