The Apple van - what do we know?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Kwai Chang

Re: The Apple van - what do we know?

Post by Kwai Chang »

So the van might have a baby Beetle Brother PNJ271F???(LMW271F)
'Living McCartney would [be] 27 if'
Ooops! Wrong age...
And a train set and a license plate and matches and decals and buns and union dues on the Doonesbury Road...
Ooops! Wrong side of my Abbey-----> So Michael Lindsay Hogg is the culprit. The van belongs to Twickenham!
I knew that was too big to be a STUDER! The Apples are probably 'tempra'/paint(Day-glo green w/ 2 color separation/stencils).
Painted by Marijka Koger! 2 small, 1 large!
Chrysalis or Cocoon or Zapple or Rapple!
SNAPple your fingers
Badfingers bad apples cuban cigar smoker and/or son, welles???
Stop the Apple! The Hare Krishna man tra-tra-try to drive the soul.
Needn't be well to be wealthy but
you got to be whole to be Holy!
Registered to: Lien Holder City Of London!?!?!
The next name is a company named purple bird
in Nederland near the castle
Beat...with an 'A'
Get gone
Get going
Get Back
Trix are four kids.
CUT!!!
Wrap!
Tomorrow 6AM call!
KC
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I'm warming to the idea that the apples were just stuck on for the cameras, and the van will have been otherwise unremarkable and unnoticed. That would also account for there being no lettering on the van, just pictures.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

BDJ wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:01 pm It is a Commer Walk Thru Courier Express Security Van.

see e.g. https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/512073420123059576/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7lDK1CqcjM

PNJ indicates it is a personalised number plate. The F stands for the year, 1967- 1968. So the riddle is: why did someone choose '317' for the license plate?
If 'PNJ 317F' is correct then the van was registered between 1 August 1967 – 31 July 1968, in East Sussex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_r ... ed_Kingdom

It doesn't exist on the current DVLC records - older vehicles usually don't, unless they are still in use.

You searched for PNJ 317F - Vehicle details could not be found

The number part is not random, it is assigned on registration of the vehicle. It's normal for a garage to have a batch of number plates to assign to the vehicles they sell. So for instance, if three vehicles were bought and registered from the same garage they could well be

PNJ 316F
PNJ 317F
PNJ 318F

Just out of interest, PNJ 318F is still on the DVLC books. It's on a Bentley T2 registered on 9th Jan 1968. It's MOT ran out in 2018, at 89,000 miles. It's probably still out there somewhere. I wonder if it's Beatle related ? Apple may have bought a batch of vehicles and registered them together. Who knows !

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/re ... calls=true
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Mr Bump wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:30 pm I'm warming to the idea that the apples were just stuck on for the cameras, and the van will have been otherwise unremarkable and unnoticed. That would also account for there being no lettering on the van, just pictures.
Is there anything that says NOT spontaneous louder than multiple takes!
If the drum face was filmed more than once, THAT's disheartening enough.
Where's that nose-candy?
This is already not getting back and George is the only one who paid attention and he will still be rendered anesthetized when Paul gets here! Yoko will Get Lost just by being here. Is that picture really shot at Twickenham? We know that recording machines were brought in but shouldn't that truck be from EMI??? So you know it's a decorated prop///but why would George Martin send the equipment from Savile Tow? Was that a functioning modernity already? Someone would have spotted such a van on a daily basis. It's never been seen and it wasn't registered to a company anyway! Maybe Dennis O'Dell procured it free of charge. Paid for by Magic!
Get Back isn't even a song yet!
Which makes no sense and can only lead to a very formal 'script' that calls for indoor and outdoor cameras for the law enforcement. Dialogue need not imply or guarantee accuracy. Just find a white van, take these three apples and tape them on anything parked at the soundstage...even an Apple cart!
Poor MAL keeps getting the white cliffs of Dover routine...
Don't dig Neil Aspinally taking all the Evan's jobs!
Commonwealth...
You wonder where the money goes!?!
There's usually a nicely lettered placard that screams
"OPEN for business during filming!"
(NOT to play in shot!!!" )
And it all starts over again.
KC

Maybe the van is taking the equipment to Savile Row?
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Well, van fans, I spotted it again on Jan 13, when it came to collect the gear.

I've examined closely and it's definitely the same van, same apples in the same places, and this is definitely on 13th (that's Linda bottom-right).

Jan 13.JPG
Jan 13.JPG (110.13 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Mr Bump wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:34 pm Well, van fans, I spotted it again on Jan 13, when it came to collect the gear.
I've examined closely and it's definitely the same van, same apples in the same places, and this is definitely on 13th (that's Linda bottom-right).
Awesome work! Thank you Mr. Bump!
A very high score on continuity! The correct 'gear' is already hitting the mark in their travel-containers(black and wooden)! And now, the correct van is back! This can only mean...It means there is more continuity regarding that van + gear than in the whole LIB movie! That gear would have fit into a pick-up truck! It had to already be at Apple(on loan). And NOT a single EMI logo/Equipment No. on any of the cargo. WHERE on Savile Row would you park the 'Apple' Van? Savile Row was a movie set first and foremost! The van has been seen at TWICKENHAM twice but never been seen at Apple Studios! When did the scaffolding contractor stage the roof? Hogg must have gotten some of that confusion on film! However it could have all come from the prop department...including the green carpet. Is Denis O'Dell also a real estate agent?
I bet George Martin was panicked FULL STOP!
Where was this madness actually filmed?
It doesn't matter at all.
It was filmed!
KC
KC
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

A few seconds later, you can see the van again. They are loading it up with a tape machine. Note that this BEFORE they decided to go to Saville Row :shock:
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

BDJ wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:26 am A few seconds later, you can see the van again. They are loading it up with a tape machine. Note that this BEFORE they decided to go to Saville Row :shock:
I'm beginning to think that Savile Row is a facade at Twickenham!
The interior panels are probably stacked outside and when they're wrapped at 'Apple'
The Magic Christian can set sail!(the green carpet will be changed to ocean blue!)
Perhaps I was a bit hasty in my judgement of Denis O'Dell!
Thank you, BDJ!
KC