Demucs for audio cleanup

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Tex

Demucs for audio cleanup

Post by Tex »

I just realized Demucs (I assume any variation) is extremely good at separating background noise/wind from speech.

I took some video outside when it was windy which had horrible windnouise and rumbling.

I dropped the MP4 video file into x-minus.pro and it totally separated the noise from the voice. :shock: :shock:
Kwai Chang

Re: Demucs for audio cleanup

Post by Kwai Chang »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:17 pm I just realized Demucs (I assume any variation) is extremely good at separating background noise/wind from speech.

I took some video outside when it was windy which had horrible windnouise and rumbling.

I dropped the MP4 video file into x-minus.pro and it totally separated the noise from the voice. :shock: :shock:
That's called a Hope Detector(sniffer!)
Will it be any match for the Fairchild 660? It might be!
The problem is Americans won't buy products in generic packaging(without the WIND!).
So, do we really want to end the conversation?
Thank you, for another objective-specific contribution. I am still playing your Baby You're A Rich Man and It's All Too Much!
Keep up the nice work!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes I am surprised there has not been more research devoted to this. On mvsep there is a variation of UVR which separates audio into music and hiss but it works only partially. Promising though. There's also a varaiation for echo and reverb which is not too bad but likewise still not completely there.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Tex

Post by Tex »

What they also need is an algorithm dedicated to simply separating the left, middle and right channel information.
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:17 pm I just realized Demucs (I assume any variation) is extremely good at separating background noise/wind from speech.

Do you suppose it could remove the screams from the Hollywood Bowl concerts?
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:23 pm What they also need is an algorithm dedicated to simply separating the left, middle and right channel information.
You can do that with audacity.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:42 am
Engonoceras wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:23 pm What they also need is an algorithm dedicated to simply separating the left, middle and right channel information.
Yeah. But now imagine if AI could bypass the uncertainty principle there and give us crisper center extractions. With standard tools we are stuck with a tradeoff between frequency or time precision - one or the other is always smeared, so especially center isolations sound shitty. That would be a game changer.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

csnyfan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:59 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:42 am
Yeah. But now imagine if AI could bypass the uncertainty principle there and give us crisper center extractions. With standard tools we are stuck with a tradeoff between frequency or time precision - one or the other is always smeared, so especially center isolations sound shitty. That would be a game changer.
This is true. Still an amazing tool though.

Seamlessly removing hiss would be the big one for me. You can very nicely do this with speech but not music yet.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

A website to search for AI apps for Music and other tasks:

hxxps://opentools.ai/