Does Seltaeb exist in any type of legal entity ?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Carose

Does Seltaeb exist in any type of legal entity ?

Post by Carose »

I'm not quite sure if this topic fits here but, even though Beatles' original memorabilia licensed by Seltaeb is still sold at different Beatles conventions and also on the internet, does Seltaeb in any form still exist and if so are their copyrights still in effect ? I've seen lots of things being sold with their name, but they certainly appear to be counterfeits and not original , so I guess my question is are legitimate items still being made or just counterfeits ? Thank you everyone and have a great day :D
Kwai Chang

Re: Does Seltaeb exist in any type of legal entity ?

Post by Kwai Chang »

Hello Carose! Good question!
SELTAEB?
Does MAFIA sound descriptive enough?
Was Brian lacking in business skills when he was changing the world forever?
Was there any legal guidance afforded the naive Epstein when negotiating for the band?
If1963 passed Brian by without any professional assistance regarding the legal matters of Artist Management, then it must have been March of 1964 that Brian started to suspect the food didn't agree with him. I bet SELTAEB was a phone on a desk in a closet. They licensed everything and I'm sure they never kept the books on paper. A small cadre of debt-collectors and thug enforcement still meant profit for everyone except The Beatles. If Brian ever had questions for SELTAEB, he probably never got acknowledged. So, was the Deauville Hotel, 6701 Collins Ave in Miami Beach, the headquarters of SELTAEB? Probably in an unofficial capacity. On November 18, 1963, John F. Kennedy had spoken to the Inter-American Press Association at the Deauville Hotel about social injustice, economic welfare, and political democracy. So, if Capitol had been completely poised for The Beatles, then SELTAB must have just been an informal set of unwritten rules that came with a phone number...and not much else. Written quarterly/yearly/profits/expenses would never be verifiable so when did he tell the group about SELTAEB? He probably never did. But, if SELTAEB ever stood for anything to the 5 Beatles...it would have been "LIFE doesn't suck...SITUATIONS do!"
Thank you...
Woolworth's was NOT representative of The Beatles objectives.
But the exposure was symbiotic and saturation level!
You didn't lo$e anything. You bought enlightenment!
Still not musical...still tons of revenue and I doubt if the I.R.S. ever hassled SELTAEB.
If I had to guess, I'd say SELTAEB was Capitol Records investors thinking WAY ahead of a gentleman's handshake!
You want proof?
Handshake's are binding!
The legitimizer was the guy named Ed Sullivan!
Welcome to my United states of consciousness!
KC
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

They have a Wiki page which indicates they fell out with Brian Epstein who cancelled their licence.It also talks about the company in the past tense.

In any case, those types of deals don't tend to be forever - usually they are for a fixed term of a few years or something, then they expire. Since Seltaeb are never mentioned these days, I think anything bearing their name is probably just repro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seltaeb

Article says Eppy renegotiated the contract in 1964 to obtain 49% of the proceeds - I didn't know that. Much better than the original 10% deal.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Mr Bump wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:21 am They have a Wiki page which indicates they fell out with Brian Epstein who cancelled their licence.It also talks about the company in the past tense.
In any case, those types of deals don't tend to be forever - usually they are for a fixed term of a few years or something, then they expire. Since Seltaeb are never mentioned these days, I think anything bearing their name is probably just repro.
Article says Eppy renegotiated the contract in 1964 to obtain 49% of the proceeds - I didn't know that. Much better than the original 10% deal.
Razzle dazzle hocus pocus damnable hooligans on the bleeding cricket pitch!?!?! My Beatles???
Ya can't take 'em anywhere! Moon OVER my hammy!
Who can I be now?
I come from the land over yonder!
And they don't eat vegemite in them proverbial Annointed States of Colonia. District OF COLUMBIAted ruins domino! So, let's pretend it's about ownership! Does that explain your present whereabouts at all? There WILL be racism! And, they love Jesus! Wholly By Bull! "sell-*TA*-b" has obviously gotten a new DBA
------->Universal??? Or, ErtegunCo...or, Lockwood, McManus, James, Presley & McJackson! Who else would it be?
I just saw two bootleg forums run that-a-way! Looks like a rose and quacks like a duck!
THAT's not butter. It's Imperial!
("Fit for a King!!!")
fanfare
fade!
Thank you, Sir!
KC

Any similarity between characters mentioned and fictitious persons is purely coincidental
Carose

Post by Carose »

Mr Bump wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:21 am They have a Wiki page which indicates they fell out with Brian Epstein who cancelled their licence.It also talks about the company in the past tense.

With Epstein's re-negotiations , I wonder if all of Seltaebs merchandising reverted to The Beatles control once Selteab went under ? Could it be possible that's why things still show up at festivals and such bearing the original "Seltaeb" name ?? or maybe just well made replicas ?? , I saw a box set on Ebay of 4 individual Beatles tie tacks on black and white cards , not sure if legitimate but they certainly look newer , I'd never seen a box set of those before .
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Chris