A new Beatles song

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: A new Beatles song

Post by Lord Reith »

Unleash them I say.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

beatlesbelmo wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:46 am We all know that "Now and Then" will be the next 'Beatles' song and that two songs were recorded using Lennon solo demos for The Anthology. My thinking is that Ringo, George and Paul should have recorded new songs using actual early Lennon demos. The one that specifically comes to my mind is "I'm In Love". That would have been so much better than the ones they chose.
Thoughts or comments or suggestions for what songs might have been better choices?
Awaiting your observations,
Belmo
I'm in love is a goodie, if you listen to the first BBC version of You Can't Do That, recorded before it was offically released, Lennon opens up Can't Do That with the same line he writes for the Studio Fourmost version of I'm In Love . "I've got something to tell you" as opposed to "I've got something to say"..

There is also a bit where John sings "give me more" very similar to I Should Have Known Better..

I also like "Bad To Me"

The reason these songs were not finished for Anthogly unlike Real Love, is because these demos were already given away to other 60s bands, and because they were written within The Beatles, and probably was already rejected by The Beatles when initially written, hence why they gave it away. Just my POV
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I don't know why Paul and Ringo don't add some overdubs to the old demos. It would be a great album. I mean, I got a perfectly good result with my attempts and I'm not even a Beatle! It would be a great lost Beatles album. Time she's-a-running out.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

I just have a really good gut feeling--with no proof--that Paul and Ringo are holding off on the single because the first two singles from The Stones album are pretty good, and they know there'll be comparisons, even though The Stones' album and The Fabs' single are two very different animals.

Or maybe I'm just wrong.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

robbmacc wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:53 pm I just have a really good gut feeling--with no proof--that Paul and Ringo are holding off on the single because the first two singles from The Stones album are pretty good, and they know there'll be comparisons, even though The Stones' album and The Fabs' single are two very different animals.

Or maybe I'm just wrong.
I would agree with you!

But just wait, that Red and Blue set will blow it all away, ha!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »