A new Beatles song

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Rickenbacker325

Re: A new Beatles song

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:57 pm It's not as if the Crucifix was made of Nagra reels...
(Bri)INRI(Epstein)!!!
And the four wisemen...who knew that all is NOTHING in moderation
It's an eerie feeling I'm almost happy!
But SACRIFICE first!
They must sacrifice everything until they have emptied their hearts.
THAT key unlocks the EXIT!
BECAUSE when 4 wisemen tell you the same thing for seven years...and you remember...
The love you take...
is equal to...
NOW, you don't need anyone!
You know what to do!
Paint?
Blasphemy?
Holy Blood!
Immortality?
Reality!
More popular than forgiveness!
KC

Crux-----> 7-6-5-4-3-2-1! Goodbye!!!...that's all she wrote <-----xurC
A wise grasshopper!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'm convinced the only reason some people are obsessed with Carnival Of Light is because of the groovy name. If it were called "Untitled Instrumental #1" then nobody would give a stuff about it.

Just imagine something marginally less interesting than one of John's mind movie presentations or the last part of What's the New Mary Jane.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MeanMrMustard100

Post by MeanMrMustard100 »

I don't think it is that much interesting, but it is strange that people like avant garde artist Yoko Ono and George Harrison (Electronic Sounds) didn't want to put it out on Anthology. Thei only reason for them was maybe the space on the album, so better outtakes couldn't fit because of Carnaval Of Light.

I hope they will bring it out one day, piry it wasn't on Pepper box, enough space on the discs.
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Would be interesting to hear complete Beatle version of Peter and Gordon" World without love" Where Peter Asher played a Verse done by Paul When He was writing it.
Also the Holy Grail - 27 min version of Helter Skelter.

Just a thought
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

N&T should have been released before the Stones stole their thunder, gonna be a hard act to follow now – especially with only 1 new song from the Beatles. Paul and Ringo should have slammed out some new tracks rather than backing Dolly Parton on a cover...
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

slight possibility might be delayed to legal issues using A1 software. No one knows except tha Apple legal team
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I thought August was way too early to announce anyway. Late September-early October is more their style. An announcement too early will mean everyone will have forgotten about it by the time Christmas shopping starts. Announce early october, get it out mid-late November. That's what I would think.
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

Or maybe it just drops, like things did in the 60s. I don’t recall there being day by day discussion and anticipation like kids peeking into closets before Christmas.

But hey…I was 5 at the time.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:14 pm I thought August was way too early to announce anyway. Late September-early October is more their style. An announcement too early will mean everyone will have forgotten about it by the time Christmas shopping starts. Announce early october, get it out mid-late November. That's what I would think.
In L.A. everything is an illusion...even a mirage
even long romantic struggles to the summit of Mount FAME!
In, the early days of KHJ, there were means to the end that allowed a sheet of fresh lyrics to be arranged, played, recorded, pressed, delivered and AIRED in less than 24 hours! The only problem with real thoroughbred horses is that they will not stop running once they start...and, we're not even near a track! Welcome to HitBound, Top 40, K-Prefix, KALL letters, Promo ONLY, KRTH-101, 94.7 KMET, Tweedle Dee!, Rick Dees, Disco DUCKS, DUDS, Exclusively, HERE first!, Request LINE, Win-a-LIFE, Batman, robbin', Jokers, Penguins, Erteguns! (Can I stop now?)
You're correct! The CUSTOMER is always in the eye of the beholder!
Generosity is the road to ruination!
Welcome to COMMERCE(Despotism, Industry, Benevolence, Freedom, Julie Andrews)
Syd Barrett's in number 2...he's looking for a bigger fridge and some pork chops!
I've got a bike you can buy it if you like
Shine on you crazy music lover!
It's always Christmas in Cambridge!
Just ask the weasels!
Oh, Mr. Toad!
(Whack 'em! and Whack 'em, And, Whack 'em!!!)
The Long And Winding Willows!
Thank you, Sire!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Unleash the dogs of war...