O/T - sony sues internet archive over digitised 78s stored online

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
mojofilter

Re: O/T - sony sues internet archive over digitised 78s stored online

Post by mojofilter »

I downloaded all of the Led Zeppelin concert bootlegs from day one in 1968 until 1973. Multiple sources of many recordings. I went back awhile ago to see if it had been updated in a few years, but it hasn't. How will I ever complete my collection?
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Maybe instead of suing this people get them to help out labels as a lot of this stuff LOST

The BBC did that fans had media I know Doctor Who had stuff they copied it gave back to you as they trashed it and you bought it.....

One thing I know of is ABC in America did not have the complete broadcast of November 22, 1963, and 1st report was not videotaped someone recorded off air of ABC Radio Nwtwork on reel to reel and copy that it has been returned
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Ziggy C wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:42 am The technical loophole should be a simple one. Most of the 78's are vinyl rips. Crackles, pops, lo-fi, etc. These are not pristine recordings. And many fall in the public domain; That'd be pre-1923 recordings and all cylinder recordings.

Archive could make a pretty strong argument under Title 17 section 108 that they are a library/archive serving the public by providing recordings and material that are presently unobtainable. Ultimately, though, the game may be up for most of the more current audio and video on their website. It was nice while it lasted. I'd expect this kind of a "crackdown" to slowly wind its way through all such websites which have unreported copyrighted material, whether smack dab on the website, or being traded through third-party means.

Eventually, all we'll have is Kukla, Fran, & Ollie.
It is so neat to hear those cylinder recordings as most have been lost to time due to their nature and I am a fan of jazz and hearing earlier music that only read so amazing hearing original Black Betty as was back then and I own a lot my grandparents 78s so I get hear the music
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Nasa Audio collection alone that they have uploaded is neat everything from Apollo mission to Space shuttle air to ground tapes
Chris
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Speaking of cylinder recordings....this is what can happen....