Seeking Missing Sting Chicago Sessions cuts 1993

General music and other artist discussions.
RubberSolof

Seeking Missing Sting Chicago Sessions cuts 1993

Post by RubberSolof »

Timothy White was a well-known journalist in the US, being the senior editor for 'Rolling Stone' magazine, and then Editor in Chief of 'Billboard' from 1991 until his early death in 2002, from a heart attack at the age of 50. He also recorded interviews with musicians for broadcast on various radio stations around America, and in 1991 he invited Sting plus three of his band into the studio to talk about his career, and his recently released album 'The Soul Cages'. In between the chat the four piece group of Sting (bass/vocals), Dominic Miller (guitar), David Sancious (piano) and Vinnie Colaiuta (drums) played stripped-down jazz versions of a number of songs, some from the album, some choice covers, and a rare b-side in 'I Miss You, Kate'. Two years later, in 1993, the same musicians returned for a second interview, this time to discuss the recently released record 'Ten Summoner's Tales', and once again they interspersed the chat with jazzy versions of some of the tracks from the album, plus a few older songs and a selection of covers. A number of recordings from this second session are missing, as they were removed from bootlegs of the sessions after it was reported that they had been officially released, but I have searched everywhere and can find no sign of them on any official Sting record, so it appears that are probably lost forever.

The missing tracks are 'Someone To Watch Over Me', 'Shape Of My Heart', 'Seven Days', 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic', 'Come Down In Time', 'I Burn For You', 'She's Too Good For Me', 'The Secret Marriage', and 'Tea In The Sahara'. I've checked all the expanded editions of the albums, single b-sides, compilations and box-sets, and even other bootlegs, but no luck. I can't think where else they could have been 'officially released'. They are all from the same two sessions of the Timothy White shows in 1991 and 1993.

Can Anyone Help with these missing tracks????

Michael
Laville

Re: Seeking Missing Sting Chicago Sessions cuts 1993

Post by Laville »

As far as I know, they played records of the songs you mentioned, not live performance.
That's why were omitted

Cheers !